Regarding training requirments for CCW. - Page 2

Regarding training requirments for CCW.

This is a discussion on Regarding training requirments for CCW. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; First of all no, there should not be testing, if the government wants to make some hoops for me to jump though they really should ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regarding training requirments for CCW.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    First of all no, there should not be testing, if the government wants to make some hoops for me to jump though they really should be the ones footing the bill. After all they are not buying my guns or my ammo. perhaps a free safety course with some paperwork on what the law says would be fine but then no more.

That way people do have the option to learn/follow the law if they wish, but also will pay the punishment if they do not. As with all things, you are not going to instill some great level of security/responsibility into somebody who does not want to listen to it, so why waste the time/money attempting to do so?

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    IMO training and background checks are just discrimination in action. What if all the classes are on weekends and I work weekends. In Missouri the classes seem to be about $125. What if I cannot afford it? So because I work hard and cannot afford the fee for the course I should be denied the right of self defense? That\'s wrong.

The Constitution doesn\'t say anything about the right to bear arms after you pass a government approved safety class and background check. What happens when government decides they don\'t want to issue permits anymore. Say the gvt. only approves one class per year and it can hold 5 students at $5000 per student. Or they make the \"passing score\" unattainable.

The Constitution says the right to bear arms shall not be infringed. There is a whole lot of infringing going on IMO.

What you state here Scott is my biggest issue. I work all weekend, and my wife is in college so money does not really float around waiting to be spent. Luckily for myself, my family/friends are helping foot the bill for the training/permits for my wife and I. But others are not so lucky. How many college kids are both low on cash but still want to protect themselves? Especially in light of recent events. Do the poor have less of a right to defend themselves, simply because they can not pay the fees that some places charge?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff View Post
    Do you personally believe that a individual should take & pass formalized basic handgun training before being issued a CCW permit?
    No. No legal or state requirement.

That said, someone who is going to carry a handgun for self defense should take it upon themselves to get some kind of training. You don't know what you don't know and there's a great deal you simply have no way of knowing until you attend a class or receive training in some other fashion.

Randy

Except For Felons...

Arm them ALL...

OMO

An armed society...is a poliet society! Yes, there will always be a few dim-wits or idiots...they will suffer the consequences...

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

You don't need formal training to buy a gun, so why should it be required to have a CCW? Training is a good idea, but you could have been taught by your father or husband or friend, etc. and it could have been as good or better than formal training. Formal training means governments involved and when government gets involved things get screwed up.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links