Show us your targets!

This is a discussion on Show us your targets! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Went to the range today, beautiful weather for it! This is an 8x11 Pop-N-Glo at 7 ft with S&W M&P 9c. 2013-08-01.jpg Still not sure ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Show us your targets!

Cool Show us your targets!

Went to the range today, beautiful weather for it!

This is an 8x11 Pop-N-Glo at 7 ft with S&W M&P 9c.

2013-08-01.jpg

Still not sure I like the Shield. I prefer the 9c for accuracy, # of rds, comfort to hold. Think I might be selling the Shield.
    tony1990 and Chris Dawg like this.

2. Remove Ads

Guess they were serious about pistol only...
    Attached Images
    tony1990, HAGJewels and airslot like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Looks like you are right. Pistols only.
    HAGJewels likes this.
    Always Fight Crime - Shoot back until it stops.
    NRA member and supporter.
    A Gun without Ammo is called a door stop.

Quote Originally Posted by HAGJewels View Post
    Went to the range today, beautiful weather for it!

This is an 8x11 Pop-N-Glo at 7 ft with S&W M&P 9c.

2013-08-01.jpg

Still not sure I like the Shield. I prefer the 9c for accuracy, # of rds, comfort to hold. Think I might be selling the Shield.
    Bersa 380CC at 15 ft.........................
    Target BT380CC-.jpg
    HAGJewels likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    Bersa 380CC at 15 ft.........................
    Nice grouping! Is the Bersa the only thing you shoot? I wondered how it compares to other pistols. I have a friend that she loves her Bersa but I've never shot one.

uploadfromtaptalk1375390362413.jpg two fliers, but not bad for new guy shooting instinctive recurve at 40 yards.

uploadfromtaptalk1375390477546.jpg then there was this ... 20 yards, offhand.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    nechaev, HAGJewels and dV8r like this.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

Nice grouping! Is the Bersa the only thing you shoot? I wondered how it compares to other pistols. I have a friend that she loves her Bersa but I've never shot one.
    I also shoot a Bersa thunder 380 and a Ruger SP101 38/357. Love my Bersa Thunder 380 since it has over 8K rounds fired without a major problem. The only problems I had was 2 non Bersa magazines (threw them in the trash) and I replaced my sights with a better 3 Dot system.

DJC7 and HAGJewels like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dandyone View Post
    uploadfromtaptalk1375390362413.jpg two fliers, but not bad for new guy shooting instinctive recurve at 40 yards.

uploadfromtaptalk1375390477546.jpg then there was this ... 20 yards, offhand.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    You did better than I did with my compound bow. That was a ton of years ago so my bows are in storage now.

HAGJewels, Dandyone and Caertaker like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tony1990 View Post
    I also shoot a Bersa thunder 380 and a Ruger SP101 38/357. Love my Bersa Thunder 380 since it has over 8K rounds fired without a major problem. The only problems I had was 2 non Bersa magazines (threw them in the trash) and I replaced my sights with a better 3 Dot system.

My wife just got a Bersa Thunder .380 a few weeks ago and she (me too!) loves it. Feels great in the hand, accurate, manageable recoil. She has had a couple FTE's due to limp wristing, but I gave her some tips on how to hold it and that seemed to correct the issue. Great gun!
    tony1990 and HAGJewels like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    I have a Bersa Thunder 380CC and my wife has the Thunder 380. Since they are Walther PPK copies with a blowback design you would expect more felt recoil, but since they have heavier alloy frames the recoil is less than comparable 380s such as the Ruger LCP and KelTec P3at. Accuracy from the 3.5" and 3.3" fixed barrels is great. The standard version is a bit too large and heavy for pocket carry, but it has real sights. The 380CC version is a lighter design that looks like all of the corner were melted down. The 380CC has very low sights, but I actually shoot better with it as the grip is more comfortable in my hand. The standard 380 comes with one 7 round magazine with a pinkie extension that I don't like. You can also get a 9 round mag from Bersa. The 380CC comes with an 8 round flat bottom magazine. MegGar makes an 8 round magazine that looks like the OEM 7 rounder with a pinkie extension that has worked in both.
    Bersa Thunder 380CC.jpg
    HAGJewels and tony1990 like this.

Senior Member Array NickBurkhardt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    My wife just got a Bersa Thunder .380 a few weeks ago and she (me too!) loves it. Feels great in the hand, accurate, manageable recoil. She has had a couple FTE's due to limp wristing, but I gave her some tips on how to hold it and that seemed to correct the issue. Great gun!
    I found that both needed 200 rounds of FMJ to break in. I have heard that the Winchester White Box has trouble loading due to the flat bullet front, but have not tested that myself. Remington, PMC, PPU and Speer Lawman FMJ have all worked for me. Some of my early FTE were from too much CLP left on the extractor after cleaning. You really only need a drop of lube on the outside of the barrel so the recoil spring can work freely and a drop on each rail. Speaking of cleaning, these Bersas come in from overseas packed in cosmoline and you really have to give them a good cleaning to get all of this gunk out before shooting.

I pocket carry my 380CC in a Blackhawk size3 nylon pocket holster and my wife carries her Thunder 380 crossdraw in an Uncle Mikes IWB size 1 with velcro retention strap.
    HAGJewels likes this.

image.jpg CZ 75 P01 out of the box best shooter I ever bought. Left was rapid fire 25 ft right taking my time

Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    image.jpg CZ 75 P01 out of the box best shooter I ever bought. Left was rapid fire 25 ft right taking my time
    I'm Shocked!

Shocked that Easy8 owns and shoots a semi-auto! Please tell me those beautiful wheel guns of yours aren't safe queens!

BTW, nice shooting!
    HAGJewels and southernwi like this.
    GGs
    BGs

”Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars.”

This one was from the range portion of the NRA Basic Pistol Course at 7 yards. A mix of .22 single-action only revolver and .40 cal Glock 23.

photo (10).jpg
    HAGJewels likes this.
    Every day without a negligent discharge is a good day.

Distinguished Member Array dangerranger's Avatar
    Heres a Varmint rifle I built for a friend, It has done nothing but shoot better since then!

HAGJewels and rcsoftexas like this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links