IDPA BUG vs CDP

This is a discussion on IDPA BUG vs CDP within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello I am new to IDPA so was reading the rules. I am confused about the classes. Specifically, I have a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP ...

Thread: IDPA BUG vs CDP

IDPA BUG vs CDP

Hello

I am new to IDPA so was reading the rules. I am confused about the classes. Specifically, I have a Kimber Ultra Carry CDP II that has a 3 inch barrel. Would I be able to use this same gun in both the CDP class and the BUG class? How about my Kahr PM9? Same scenario, it has a 3 inch barrel but it seems as if I could use it in SSP and in BUG? Is this right, or am i missing something?? I'm just trying to find a reason to tell my wife I need another gun

2. Remove Ads

JD
    Administrator
    BUG is not a standard division so unless you are shooting a specific BUG stage or match you are going to shoot CDP or SSP for a typical match.

Sent via Tapatalk 2, and still using real words.

Uh...almost JD. He cant use a 1911 in SSP. No single action guns. BUG is limited to 5 rounds, and you will be at a erious disdvantage agasint 9mms. Other than that--go for it.
    "What does Marcellus Wallace LOOK like?"

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by HK Dan View Post
    Uh...almost JD. He cant use a 1911 in SSP. No single action guns. BUG is limited to 5 rounds, and you will be at a erious disdvantage agasint 9mms. Other than that--go for it.

Re-read the post dude, he asked about a 1911 AND a Kahr.

Bug is a side match, so either could really go depending on the club. SSP is where the Kahr would go and the Kimber would be in CDP. If you are like me the score is only half of it. I shoot for fun, for example last Saturday I shot my S&W SC 1911 VS my Glock 27 with hot 155's just to see what I shot better.... 1911 won by a hair.....
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon. Go big or stay on the porch.

Links