Ooops! CCW instructor injures student

This is a discussion on Ooops! CCW instructor injures student within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; http://www.marionstar.com/article/20...medium=twitter...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree61Likes

Thread: Ooops! CCW instructor injures student

Ooops! CCW instructor injures student

"for God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control." -- Paul

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Sheesh! I hope that's not correct and the instructor "thought" the gun was unloaded. There is no such thing as an unloaded gun, till you check it yourself, which is the first thing you do whenever you touch a firearm.
    tony1990, Pistology and OD* like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I often question the intelligence of some instructors.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

An ND is almost always from an unloaded firearm.

Even my 5 year old knows that you visually and physically verify a firearm is empty and NEVER take anyone's word for it. He even knows nit to take MY word for it. That boy makes me proud!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

Senior Member Array WannabeaCPA's Avatar
    If anyone who skips the lesson of firearm safety in his class should lose his liscence. People trust you to teach them how to handle a firearm and you don't have the snap to check a chamber? I guess the phrase that "you can't fix stupid" rings true again. At the very least he should lose his instructor's liscence. My instructor checked the chamber, of the same weapon, several times. We all knew that it wasn't loaded but he had gun safety drilled into him and was trying to drill it into us.
    accessbob and MasterGadgets like this.

I am glad it was only a 38, a real gun would have really hurt him.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

There are rules to running a class. When your in the class room. NO AMMO, NO AMMO. Let me say it again NO LIVE AMMO. The arrogance of some people thinking they are above something stupid happening is beyond belief. His complacency should cost him his certs....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Things happen. That's why as best I can, I try and make it a point to never become complacent. Glad he's going to be OK.
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

There are so very many supposed instructors out there who, truth be known, probably shouldn't be handling a firearm themselves, let alone masquerading as an instructor for others. Very irritating.

Distinguished Member Array sealteam20001's Avatar
    Get real, wow..

That's not going to help Mr. Dunlap's next re-election bid.
    Stoveman, tony1990 and OD* like this.

Brings new meaning to the admonition to "Choose your instructor carefully!"

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Just because someone calls themselves an "Instructor", has the title of "Instructor" or has a certificate proclaiming them an "NRA or NSSF, Certified Instructor" does not mean that someone is a "Qualified Instructor."
    blitzburgh and USM1976 like this.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

The article says the man was shot by the instructor, they name the instructor then at the end of the article there's

According to a sheriff’s report, the person holding the gun believed it was unloaded when it went off. Police took a .357 five-shot Ruger handgun, four .38 special rounds and one spent .38 special round.
    .. wonder why they didn't name him there? It almost seems as if there's some uncertainty or maybe I'm just nit-picking.
    "Rebellion against tyrants is obedience to God." - Benjamin Franklin
    "Experience: that most brutal of teachers. But you learn, my God do you learn." - C.S. Lewis

I know what you mean blitz. It's kinda like saying, "Now I'm not gonna mention 40Bob's name, but I think someone was tryin' to stir the pot up there."
    Vietnam Vets, WELCOME HOME

Crossman 760 BB/Pellet, Daisy Red Ryder, Crossman Wrist Rocket, 14 Steak Knives, 3 Fillet Knives, Rolling Pin-14", Various Hunting Knives, 2 Baseball Bats, 3 Big Dogs and a big American Flag flying in the yard. I have no firearms; Try the next house.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links