Wannabes

This is a discussion on Wannabes within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Something happened this evening that has not happened in some time and I'll make it short. A little tate-a-tate with 3 wannabes that I observed ...

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree181Likes

Thread: Wannabes

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar

Wannabes

Something happened this evening that has not happened in some time and I'll make it short. A little tate-a-tate with 3 wannabes that I observed crowding a young lady against a wall buy the store in a small town so I introduced myself and told them that the lady was coming with me and they said go away old man and I said you are right I am old but I'm not going away. I took the hand of the young girl was crying now and I told her it was OK and we are leaving. The big boy grab my arm and started to say something when it went to a high pitched squeal as I planted my cane in the family jewels and then turned hit 2sd guy in the throat and told the 3rd guy it was about to get fun or me and the young lady would leave. As we started to leave 3rd guy started to swing that's when I took out his leg and now we are leaving and a unmarked car slides to a stop, its a LEO that some one called and was told a old man with a cane was beating the crap out of 3 guys. Well that's pretty much it they checked me out and called EMTs then cuffed them. I ask if I could have one more word with the boys ages 21,24 and 26 he said yes and I told them don't bother her again as I was her uncle and I would find them. No questions, yes I carry 24/7, no I was not worried and no gun was needed although one had a knife and no I do not live in that town. The last thing I heard the LEO say was see what happens your lucky he did not put you in a grave, you should respect your elders. I must say it was stimulating evening and a cane is a beautiful thing, no papers just intimidating was charge for the boys and I headed back up to Ghost Ridge. and I am home safe and sound enjoying my evening cup of coffee, good night all.

2. Remove Ads

Apparently they did not wannabe what they became in the end. Hats off to you and your cane sir.
    tcox4freedom, Snub44 and mg27 like this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member
    So awesome! Happy ending and that young lady will never forget you!

What a Hero!
    blitzburgh and niks like this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

VIP Member
    The cane, such a simple and effective tool. Well done.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Im 55 now I think I could probably get by with walking with a cane or walking stick/war club
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Im 55 now I think I could probably get by with walking with a cane or walking stick/war club
    Wow, your old as dirt!

I'm right behind you in age, recently cut a dead branch on a blooming cherry tree and am making my own walking stick.
    tcox4freedom and 40Bob like this.
    GOA Member
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

I referenced a cane to another poster some time ago. With some training they are formidable indeed. Job well done sir. One note: Be the first one to call 911. It is often a difference maker in cops attitude upon arrival. Fortunately you had the lady as your witness but without her you are stuck with some idiot that called and said you were the aggressor - obviously a friend of the 3 wannabes. But again, my congratulations on your evening activities.
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Wow, your old as dirt!

I'm right behind you in age, recently cut a dead branch on a blooming cherry tree and am making my own walking stick.
    At 63 does that make me older than dirt??
    Sister and RoadRunner71 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

My spidey sense is tingling, like it's been coated thoroughly with KY Intense.
    Secret Spuk and Arborigine like this.
    NRA Certified Instructor: Basic Pistol, Personal Protection in the Home, Personal Protection Outside the Home. Utah BCI Certified Concealed Firearm Permit Instructor. RSO. Travelin' Man.

Distinguished Member
    wannabe? more like coward losers. glad everything worked out but i`d doubt they would ever learn.
    “Show me a young Conservative and I'll show you someone with no heart. Show me an old Liberal and I'll show you someone with no brains.” Winston Churchill

darbo, niks and tcox4freedom like this.

Distinguished Member Array Hoganbeg's Avatar
    How refreshing! There are still a few gentlemen in the world. Well done.
    Sister likes this.

VIP Member
    Great job sir
    tcox4freedom likes this.
    Member of the NRA
    Gun Safety is Life Safety
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine

Great job!... Now I gotta get me a cane....hmmmm

A man that knows how to fight can use most anything as a weapon. I salute you, sir.
    Hoganbeg likes this.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Links