Active Shooter "Training"

This is a discussion on Active Shooter "Training" within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today my school put all of the teachers through active shooter "training." It was a 2 1/2 hour seminar put on by a local strategic ...

Like Tree10Likes
  • 4 Post By Ghost1958
  • 2 Post By Badey
  • 2 Post By Blue Thunder
  • 1 Post By Blue Thunder
  • 1 Post By paramedic70002

Thread: Active Shooter "Training"

Active Shooter "Training"

Today my school put all of the teachers through active shooter "training." It was a 2 1/2 hour seminar put on by a local strategic response team.

Overall, it was decent, stressing "run, hide, fight."

They covered using improvised weapons, ambush tactics to use against the shooter, and the like.

I wish we had more to defend ourselves with other than books, staplers, and scissors, though...
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

2. Remove Ads

Well, at least you can do the first two of the three. Those darn Gun Free Zones make the third almost a moot point.
    “When they come--stay calm. It's a cannon!!!!!!!"

If paperclips are all they give you then use them to fight like hell. What other choice do you have? :

So they trained you to attack and armed person bent on killing people with books staplers and paper.
    Bless your hearts for your courage. Prayers for your survival.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    So they trained you to attack and armed person bent on killing people with books staplers and paper.
    Bless your hearts for your courage. Prayers for your survival.
    Yeah... It's kind of sad... That is only if running and hiding aren't viable options.

It's kind of ridiculous, especially when the school had the offer of free armed guards, and the administration turned it down because they were afraid of what some of the parents might think...
    Ghost1958 and tcox4freedom like this.
    "My problem with life is not that it is rational nor that it is irrational, but that it is almost rational." - G.K. Chesterton

Forget the staplers, Rubber bands and half of paperclips are awsome. These are things that can wound and take out eyes when properly launched. All schools have them. Get your kids to have them when needed. I used them in the early 1950's against chalkboards to hit the bullies that taunted me after school while in school. All you hear is the click and the scream of the hit. Directional mechanics does play in here, but practice makes for a real fast hit that does not get traced back to the sender!!!
    phreddy and Phaedrus like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

In all/most school issues the local folks are barely trained to get out of the way of the gunman. This is truly an emerging training issue that will take a few years to get into the minds of the local school personnel who are already Government Trained to do almost nothing when the front door buzzer is punched for entry to the school. Most all school zones are "Gun Free Zones" so what to do when that is the issue. I have my own response for my Granddaughter when If I need to pick her up from school. Not going to discuss that here but I will do what is needed and worry about the outside issues after any event, especially if I have to deal with a Perp!
    iblearning likes this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I'd head to the Chemistry lab and have a "plan" with the teacher. Other than that, decent (less likely to break or fail) water gun filled with ammonia, hairspray and a Bic lighter. I'd also have my desk next to the door. Sometimes being close to your opponent is your friend.
    phreddy likes this.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

We had to go thru this a couple of weeks ago. I found it very lack luster. I understand the run, hide, but the fight portion was an insult to anyone who really cares about self defense...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

My brother is starting a security team at church. Said we will receive some training. If the trainer is who I think it is this will be good stuff.
    We have different gifts,according to the grace given to each of us.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Thunder View Post
    Forget the staplers, Rubber bands and half of paperclips are awsome. These are things that can wound and take out eyes when properly launched. All schools have them. Get your kids to have them when needed. I used them in the early 1950's against chalkboards to hit the bullies that taunted me after school while in school. All you hear is the click and the scream of the hit. Directional mechanics does play in here, but practice makes for a real fast hit that does not get traced back to the sender!!!
    Use the thick rubber bands and bend the paper clips so you have two prongs sticking out. You can draw blood.

Links