Hojutsu DFW area

Hojutsu DFW area

This is a discussion on Hojutsu DFW area within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am interested in starting Hojutsu training in the Dallas/Dt. Worth area......anyone know of a Dojo or course in this area?...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VonHoffmann

Thread: Hojutsu DFW area

Hojutsu DFW area

I am interested in starting Hojutsu training in the Dallas/Dt. Worth area......anyone know of a Dojo or course in this area?

Hojutsu, you mean the archaic Japanese musket shooting? As far as I know, there isn't a single school there. In Japan, those schools are like of like Civil War reenactment. They wear samurai armor or period clothing, shoot without eye or ear protection -- on the rare occasion they get legal permission to shoot.

I checked on the internet, and it looks like some Americans appropriated the term for their firearms curriculum. I find it really, really weird. For God's sake, we know a lot more about guns in the US these days than the Japanese in the 17th century.

Sorry, I mean the modernized version of martial arts incorporating firearms for self Defense.

Such as found in this website:
    Hojutsu: The Art of Shooting
    warbirds likes this.

If you start it up- I will come give it a whirl. I have no idea what it is, but at this point it would be new to me and I am local to you.

VIP Member
    You can do much better. The "Modern Technique" is no longer the most modern technique for fighting with a firearm and budo is often more about the lifestyle than actually learning martial skills. Check out some Brazilian Ju Jitsu, Krav, or other art that people are currently using to win fights then check out the link.

Suarez International USA, Inc. - Search
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

VIP Member
    Are you talking about Gun Kata from the movie Equilibrium?

Regards,
    1MoreGoodGuy
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member

Behave Like Someone Who is Determined to be FREE!

[QUOTE=1MoreGoodGuy;2909962]Are you talking about Gun Kata from the movie Equilibrium?

LOL - Not expecting to be able to move like that.

But I am looking for training that would assist in open hand defensive techniques that also incorporate the firearm. As I see it, if someone is close enough to engage it may not always be a draw and fire situation....though could escalate. How do i defend myself (and children if they are near me) if draw and shooting is not warranted, while also retaining my firearm if the bad guy should make a grab, and also understanding that every situation is fluid and could escalate to the point where I am justified to draw and shoot.

I would like training that takes all of this into account.

Having a CCW is not just having a card that says you can carry and strapping on a firearm. It is carrying 100% of the time while at same the time preparing yourself for any and all situations.

How to Perform Hojutsu-Ryu Kata: Shooting as a Martial Art - YouTube

If there are other disciplines that train open hand defensive to shooting technique together i am open to suggestions.

Thanks all!

Sponsored Links