Going into Private Security and Personal Bodyguard business!

This is a discussion on Going into Private Security and Personal Bodyguard business! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well after obtaining my CHL and many other tactical handgun training classes, one of the tactical handgun instructors approached me about becoming a Level 3 ...

Thread: Going into Private Security and Personal Bodyguard business!

Well after obtaining my CHL and many other tactical handgun training classes, one of the tactical handgun instructors approached me about becoming a Level 3 Private Security and Level 4 Personal Bodyguard here in Texas. After our last training he told me I was already above any Level 3 or Level 4 training I will have to take to become certified in the state of Texas. Without military experience I was very hesitant, but his company actually prefers more middle age men for their clients than the fresh out of the military 30 year old guys. So with classes and training set for November a new career awaits. I guess life can begin at 50!

Congratulations! Wal-mart greater not exciting enough for ya? I kid, congrats, and way to stay active in those glorious years!
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Best wishes to you.
    Luis

"Everybody's got a plan, 'til they get hit".

Mike Tyson

VIP Member

Thumbs up

Military experience doesn't always equal combat experience. Mine sure didn't.

Congrats. I'd rather have someone with a little grey hair protecting my assets.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaszed4mc View Post
    ...his company actually prefers more middle age men for their clients.... I guess life can begin at 50!
    That is too cool! As you well know - old age isn't for sissies! As a young 53 yo, I've wondered if there was a market out there for people like me: someone who can easily pass for a mature business professional (because I am a mature business professional) and not scream "that guy looks like a former LEO, or former military, he must be armed."

Actually, I represent a state agency, and work in an office staffed entirely by woman, except for myself and another male who's in and out during the week. I'd just like to be able to carry in the office for my own safety, and the safety of the rest of the staff; under the current state law, I can't. For example, I came in one afternoon and was told I missed all the excitement. They'd called the police out to the office twice because of altercations on the lobby.
    Sig Sauer P229 SAS GEN 2 E2 9mm
    "Yo, homie. Is that my briefcase?"

Congrats! Stay safe!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men -St. Augustine

VIP Member
    Good for you and i wish you the very best
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Sponsored Links