AAR: Tactical Defense Institute's Extreme Close Quarters (ECQ) 10/5-6

This is a discussion on AAR: Tactical Defense Institute's Extreme Close Quarters (ECQ) 10/5-6 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I attended TDI's EQC class last weekend in West Union Ohio. That class has been a goal of ours for the last couple of years. ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: AAR: Tactical Defense Institute's Extreme Close Quarters (ECQ) 10/5-6

JD [OP]
    Administrator

AAR: Tactical Defense Institute's Extreme Close Quarters (ECQ) 10/5-6

I attended TDI's EQC class last weekend in West Union Ohio. That class has been a goal of ours for the last couple of years.

We've been to TDI a couple of times and as before the training, staff, and overall environment was top notch.

Guns, Guns, & More Gosh Darn Guns: AAR: Tactical Defense Institute's Extreme Close Quarters (ECQ) 10/5-6/2013

On a side note, we got to meet Mike1956 while we were there. A stand-up guy. Always good to meet a forum member.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Great, accurate review, JD. Ditto on meeting and training along with two stand-up members of DC in person. One thing you didn't mention was the 250-lb bodybuilding martial artist/police trainer Limatunes was dealing with in the second video. Her performance there, and throughout, was impressive.
    Aceoky likes this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Great, accurate review, JD. Ditto on meeting and training along with two stand-up members of DC in person. One thing you didn't mention was the 250-lb bodybuilding martial artist/police trainer Limatunes was dealing with in the second video. Her performance there, and throughout, was impressive.

Well yeah, there's that but then my videos wouldn't seem so good!

Excellent writing felt like I was "almost right there" well done indeed!

Great stuff JD. Thanks for sharing. Lima was great in the videos as well.
    JD and Aceoky like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Great stuff JD. Thanks for sharing. Lima was great in the videos as well.
    You should have seen her during the rest of the class....she coined quite the class motto...

"Beat the _____ out of them!" I am amazed to say that I made it out of class intact. At least Greg had padding.

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    You should have seen her during the rest of the class....she coined quite the class motto...

"Beat the _____ out of them!" I am amazed to say that I made it out of class intact. At least Greg had padding.

I heard a bit of that in the video. I had a good laugh at how she vocalized herself..To be honest I found it refreshing and honest for the type of training you guys were doing.....
    Aceoky likes this.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    I heard a bit of that in the video. I had a good laugh at how she vocalized herself..To be honest I found it refreshing and honest for the type of training you guys were doing.....
    Profanity has it's place. YMMV.

Profanity has it's place. YMMV.
    I new you would see it my way..... Either way, I appreciate you sharing the experience. Looks like TDI might be in my future.....
    Bad Bob and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    I new you would see it my way..... Either way, I appreciate you sharing the experience. Looks like TDI might be in my future.....
    Their 2014 schedule is now posted: 2014 Schedule ? Tactical Defense Institute - Tactical, Firearms Training, pistol, rifle, shotgun
    They generally fill up quickly. I'm signed up for a II-III re-do in April, and VI and FIST later in the year.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Tuco

VIP Member

You got pummeled, for sure. The amazing part was her pleasant, cheerful demeanor throughout.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Tuco

Agreed
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    In Gibson v. Commonwealth, 237 Ky. 33, 34 S.W.2d 936 (1936), the High Court stated:  [I]t is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs.   He does not have to.

Their 2014 schedule is now posted: 2014 Schedule ? Tactical Defense Institute - Tactical, Firearms Training, pistol, rifle, shotgun
    They generally fill up quickly. I'm signed up for a II-III re-do in April, and VI and FIST later in the year.
    Thanks Mike. I will take a look at it and my current schedule.
    Aceoky likes this.

JD [OP]
    Administrator
    You got pummeled, for sure. The amazing part was her pleasant, cheerful demeanor throughout.
    Yes indeed. Her....enthusiasm is something not often encountered in most classes. I think we should charge extra for classes that she attends. I wonder if I could get Benner on board with that.

VIP Member
    Yes indeed. Her....enthusiasm is something not often encountered in most classes. I think we should charge extra for classes that she attends. I wonder if I could get Benner on board with that.
    Either that, or just hire her as an instructor and let her work up her own course content. It could be something along the lines of a one-method approach to any and all situations... "Just beat the stuffing (edited for content) out of them". I know for sure Greg and Forrest would be on board, and I think they have some sway with Benner.
    Aceoky likes this.
    Tuco

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links