NRA Practice Programs for Concealed Carry and Home Defense

This is a discussion on NRA Practice Programs for Concealed Carry and Home Defense within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This is an article I wrote about the new Defensive Pistol courses of fire in the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program. I've become a big fan ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Harryball

Thread: NRA Practice Programs for Concealed Carry and Home Defense

NRA Practice Programs for Concealed Carry and Home Defense

This is an article I wrote about the new Defensive Pistol courses of fire in the NRA Marksmanship Qualification Program. I've become a big fan of DP I & II for new shooters as evaluation and practice tools. Even many experienced shooters find them more difficult than they would think (Dunning-Kruger Effect). It's the 100% standard that's the kicker.

Any reputable firearms trainer will tell students that practice after a training class is necessary to maintain the skills they acquired and to build further competency. In those states that do not have proficiency requirements for concealed carry licensing, those obtaining a Weapons Carry License may wonder how to evaluate and improve their skill level. The National Rifle Association provides several possible models as answers to those issues.
    Concealed Carry Special Edition | The Outdoor Wire Digital Network
    Some drink at the fountain of Knowledge, others just gargle.

2. Remove Ads

The programs are really good. PPOTH is a great class to take and teach. There is so much that can be done as an instructor. Nice write up....
    StormRhydr likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Links