Defensive Carry banner

NoVA training? (Virginia)

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Nate 
#1 ·
I'm new to my CCW (and love it). I want to get more professional training so I feel more comfortable should the worst situation present itself. I'm already comfortable with my XD-45 in terms of handling, safety, and marksmanship, I'm just looking for one of these Force on Force-type classes I've just read about. Is anybody in the NoVA area from this board who could elp me with some info?

#2 ·
Aside from some local regular safety training classes, I don't believe there's any professional force on force training to be had. But if you'd like, I have access to numerous airsoft guns and pistols, and we can get some dummy knives and stuff to train for some "real-world" force on force scenarios.

To make it work, all you'd have to do is read up on some sound techniques from readily available materials online (Front Sight's website, Suarez International, The Martialist, etc.) and we can put it to good use on my team's airsoft field, if you don't mind traveling to Culpeper.

Of course, nothing beats professional training, but this works in a pinch. Let me know if you find anything official, as I'd be interested in it as well!

#3 ·
First, I'd say you should be starting with the basic hand gun course and going from there before venturing into the FOF training. In fact, most if not all trainers want proof of other training classes before advancing to the next one for safety reasons and running a hot range vrs a cold range and knowing the difference.

Your CCW class likely didn't give a real rounded basic safety class, it can be used as the "starter" class but IMO if your new to it, it's best to start with the basic class moving into the advanced, tactical, low light, CQB and then the FOF training.

I don't know of any training course's/facilities in VA but I do know a good school with good training will travel if you host the training and get enough people signed up to take the class, usually 10 will do it and "you" will actually train for free for hosting and getting it together, can't beat that. Tactical Response comes to mind. The place I train at will travel also if the right situation. If your interested PM me and i will give you the info.

Ti.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.