2 Recent Combined Range Reports shooting my CZ-83

This is a discussion on 2 Recent Combined Range Reports shooting my CZ-83 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here are two combined range reports with notes that I've had with my new CZ-83. Only had it since last summer, but it has proven ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NRA1945

Thread: 2 Recent Combined Range Reports shooting my CZ-83

2 Recent Combined Range Reports shooting my CZ-83

Here are two combined range reports with notes that I've had with my new CZ-83. Only had it since last summer, but it has proven to be a very reliable pistol so far. I haven't had enough practice to determine it's accuracy, but I'm guessing the majority of the issues I'm having is with myself, and the environment around me.

So far, I got 197 rounds through her of all types of .380 ammo, including FN, RN, several different types of JHPs and Hardcast, the latter being a +P load. Everything cycled through flawlessly, no malfunctions even with the FN +P loads. I know this isn't a lot, but it's more rounds then the two polymer pocket "wonders" I had before those jammed up on me. Also, with the price and availability of .380 ammo in my area lately, I'm afraid that practice is a bit limited for me. I also would've also liked to have taken photos of my targets, but my results at 21 feet are certainly nothing worth showing so far.

9/13/13

Place: (Blank for online purposes)
    Type: Indoor Range
    Gun: CZ-83
    Caliber: .380acp
    Brands/Types of Ammo & Number of Rounds Fired:

1. Federal: Hydra-shok 90gr. JHP - 20 rds.
    2. Agulia: 90gr. HP - 50rds.
    3. PMC Bronze: 90gr. RN FMJ - 25 rds.

Notes: All types of ammo cycled through flawlessly, no malfunctions. The Aguilas were very soft shooting with low flash. The PMC-Bronze were also soft shooting, but seemed to have more pronounced flash. The Hydra-shoks appear to be one of the best JHP rounds on the market and I would seriously consider using these for SD if I ever decided to carry JHP.

Overall accuracy results were OK, still a lot to be left desired. First time shooting my CZ-83! I thought that having a larger, all steel .380 pistol like the this would greatly help in my accuracy which it did to a point, but it's obvious I still need practice.

11/9/13

Place: (Blank for online purposes)
    Type: Indoor Range
    Gun: CZ-83
    Caliber: .380acp
    Brands/Types of Ammo & Number of Rounds Fired:

1. Buffalo Bore: 100gr. +P Hardcast FN - 40 rds.
    2. Remington: 88gr. JHP - 50 rds.
    3. PMC Bronze: 90gr. RN FMJ - 12 rds.

Notes: Happy to report that once again, all ammo types have cycled through flawlessly, no malfunctions. I now have 197 rds. of all types ran through my CZ-83. I ordered the Buffalo Bore .380+P Hardcast by mistake, when I really wanted the standard pressure version. I paid for my mistake, as these were punishing rounds to shoot! I couldn't imagine shooting these in a small polymer pocket pistol. Yikes! I noticed my mag wouldn't drop freely after shooting these, so I hope I didn't damage anything. Also, the force of these actually loosened one of my new Marschal wood grips! Nice that they all cycled through, but needless to say I won't be buying these again! The Remington's were surprisingly peppy and kicked fairly hard, but they didn't seem all that accurate though. Once again, the PMC Bronze have proved themselves to be easy, reliable and accurate performers.

Overall accuracy results were not good. I was a bit jittery today, and the coffee I had shortly before and the guy next to me shooting his Desert Eagle .50 cal cannon certainly didn't help my performance! Shooting those Buffalo Bore +P's first shook me up a bit as well! My sight eye was burning a little and my hand has hurting a bit after 40 rds. of these!
    ccw9mm likes this.

2. Remove Ads

Links