Illinois Carry

This is a discussion on Illinois Carry within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just completed my 16 long... required hours of class and range time a couple of weeks ago, so I am now officially certified and ...

Thread: Illinois Carry

Illinois Carry

I just completed my 16 long... required hours of class and range time a couple of weeks ago, so I am now officially certified and just have to sit back and wait for the Illinois state police to release the Illinois Concealed Carry applications which are supposed to be out by Jan 5th......??, Yea right..... Once I have sent it out with all the required documents, I am sure it will take this state longer than the 60-90 days they said it will take. Oh well, I guess I will be happy just to get my carry permit by memorial weekend in this great state of Illinois, I guess I ought to just be happy we even have the opportunity to get a concealed carry permit........

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array BurgerBoy's Avatar
    Congrats. Welcome to the club. The drinks for all members of this forum are on you...
    Vietnam Veteran - 1966-1970 USASA
    Carry Pistol. CZ 75 P-07 Duty 9mm.
    Carry Pistol. Glock 19.
    Give me a minute before I post again.

I finished my training about 15 years ago and I'm still waiting.
    Peace Through Strength, Victory Through Devastation
    Devastation to your doorstep in 30 Minutes or Less. Minuteman III--- SAC WILL BE BACK!http://www.defensivecarry.com/forum/signaturepics/sigpic80391_2.gif

I like all kinds of foreign guns. Walther, SIG-Sauer, and H&K.

My wife and I will be taking the classroom part of the Illinois Concealed Carry Course at my church, in Carbondale Illinois, this Friday, starting at 1 PM, and the range time on Saturday near Jonesboro, Illinois. Then like you we'll wait. Still a few openings available I believe. Train Illinois Firearm Instruction | Train Illinois is doing the training.

Jonesboro is near Anna where the Baptist church is located where Mary Shepard worked when she and a co-worker were severely beaten. Mary has 2 non-resident CHLs and has taken the Illinois conceal carry training course. She was a plaintiff in Moore/Shepard vs. Madigan that was heard in the 7th Federal Circuit Court that got the ruling giving the state 6 months to pass conceal carry legislation.

Quote Originally Posted by psycho1 View Post
    Illinois Carry
    What a foreign phrase that sounds. I like it, though. Illinois carry. That'll just about do.

Congratulations, though. Here's to hoping you end up in the first batch of carriers approved.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    What a foreign phrase that sounds. I like it, though. Illinois carry. That'll just about do.

Congratulations, though. Here's to hoping you end up in the first batch of carriers approved.
    Illinois Carry, specifically Illinois Carry - A Website Dedicated To Advancing Conceal Carry For Illinois is a group that has been very instrumental in getting concealed carry legislation passed in Illinois. They have been going about 9 years now. They have a forum which has around 3000 members and helped get the Illinois Gun Owners lobby day participation at the state capital up to about 5000 this year and last. The Illinois State Rifle Association had a lobby day for a number of years but participationh had been always a couple hundred people.

The 7th circuit federal court (in Benton, Illinois about 300 miles from Chicago) decision calling for the state to pass a carry law in their decision in Shepard/Moore vs. Madigan helped get carry legislation passed. Mary Shepard was an elderly woman who along with another woman was severely beaten here in Southern Illinois in her church in Anna, Illinois, during the day where she worked as a secretary.

She had two non-resident carry licenses but Illinois law prevented her from exercising her second amendment rights. She has now taken an Illinois concealed carry class to qualify for an Illinois CCW. Hopefully she will be the first to get one when the state starts issuing them early next year.

The governor made an amendatory veto to the carry bill which was overridden by more than a 3/5 majority.

Links