Request for Instructor, Range Recommendations in the New Orleans / North Shore areas

Request for Instructor, Range Recommendations in the New Orleans / North Shore areas

This is a discussion on Request for Instructor, Range Recommendations in the New Orleans / North Shore areas within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a family member in Louisiana interested in getting a concealed carry permit. This person is new to handguns and could use some good ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By skipper1969

Thread: Request for Instructor, Range Recommendations in the New Orleans / North Shore areas

Distinguished Member Array brocktice's Avatar

I have a family member in Louisiana interested in getting a concealed carry permit. This person is new to handguns and could use some good training, more than just dotting the 'i's and crossing the 't's for the minimal requirements.

Not having lived in the area for many years, and not having been a shooter when I lived there, I have no local contacts to consult.

Furthermore, I can't find much about public ranges. I'll be visiting early next year and would like to take this person to the range to try some guns out while I'm there. Any recommendations of ranges (or private clubs that might be worth joining) would be welcome along with the instructor recommendations. I'm spoiled by the public lands here in NM.

Thanks!

Bill Hickman is the guy I'd recommend and I don't just hand those out.

Sponsored Links