Handgun or Pistol Quick Kill [ QK ] Shooting Technique TM up on you tube

This is a discussion on Handgun or Pistol Quick Kill [ QK ] Shooting Technique TM up on you tube within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Pistol Quick Kill 5 10 15 35 yrds 2 - YouTube Using a loaner Glock 17, it's Quick Kill Pistol shooting at 5-10-15 and 35 ...

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree76Likes

Thread: Handgun or Pistol Quick Kill [ QK ] Shooting Technique TM up on you tube

Sponsor

Pistol Quick Kill 5 10 15 35 yrds 2 - YouTube

Using a loaner Glock 17, it's Quick Kill Pistol shooting at 5-10-15 and 35 yards.

If you want to see more vids as I get them up on you tube, subscribe to the channel. Leave comments on what you think, share it with friends, etc.

Thanks for watching.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Distinguished Member
    Wow! Sorry for not being more articulate than that.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Savage Heartland

What if the Hokey Pokey IS what it's all about?

This may sound goofy, but do you find that its natural at some point for people to "let go of their sights"? To start shooting the way shown in the video, or a variation of that?

I find myself more & more doing that, and doing it with very good results. To be honest, I probably went thru the Fighting Pistol course doing that the vast majority of time. Or something darn close to it.

Threat focus has been something we have worked on for awhile. Most of the time we have a soft focus on the front sight It works well in disruptive environment type training and with FoF training.

Another good video Brownie. What I would like to see from your channel would be some low light and movement type drills while using your technique. Just some ideas for the future....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    Threat focus has been something we have worked on for awhile. Most of the time we have a soft focus on the front sight It works well in disruptive environment type training and with FoF training.

Another good video Brownie. What I would like to see from your channel would be some low light and movement type drills while using your technique. Just some ideas for the future....
    The next 3 vids to be released are skills used while moving. 5 skills in the next 3 vids are all with movement, some I developed and train others in. Appreciate your thoughts sir. Of course, QK pistol skill is used in one of the vids to be released while running.

Hadn't thought about lowlight vids. That's something to consider for the future.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    This may sound goofy, but do you find that its natural at some point for people to "let go of their sights"? To start shooting the way shown in the video, or a variation of that?

I find myself more & more doing that, and doing it with very good results. To be honest, I probably went thru the Fighting Pistol course doing that the vast majority of time. Or something darn close to it.
    It would only be natural, IMO, if people got to a high level of shooting skills and then start experimenting. Most never make it that far.
    StormRhydr and gatorbait51 like this.

Sponsor
    Harry,

I'm also planning on putting up a short vid of Handgun or Pistol Quick Kill [ QK ] Shooting Technique TM at 100 yrds on 1 gallon milk jugs using a 1911 with NO sights on the gun [ it's one of my training pistols ]. With that 1911, there's no question I could possibly be looking at sights. I likely won't hit it every time, but the misses would still be on a human threat. Last time I played with it a few months ago, I was something like 80% hits on the jug at 100 yrds with the sightless 1911.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

That answers my question, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    It would only be natural, IMO, if people got to a high level of shooting skills and then start experimenting. Most never make it that far.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Nice stuff. I'd also love to see some videos of the wall-of-lead from the draw you've discussed in other posts.

Maybe 25 years ago when I started to get away from pure marksmanship and focus more on "realistic" skills, I was taught to look at the threat, where I wanted the bullets to go, and point shoot for anything under about 7 yards, and quick engagements from the draw out to about 10-15 yards. Once we got out past that, it was back to sight alignment and sight picture.

I still shoot that way for the most part, especially when I'm doing speed drills on multiple targets, and shooting on the move. However, I also do close-up one-hole drills and some others out to about 15 yards with a 3x5 card, and I use the sights for those. I still think point shooting (or threat-focused as you call it) is the way to go in most time-critical situations in-close, but there are some good reasons where you may want to use sights at all types of ranges, even very close.

Now your 35 yard point shooting is impressive... I honestly don't think I've ever tried that, but now I will have to.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    That answers my question, thanks.
    Welcome sir.

Harry,

I'm also planning on putting up a short vid of Handgun or Pistol Quick Kill [ QK ] Shooting Technique TM at 100 yrds on 1 gallon milk jugs using a 1911 with NO sights on the gun [ it's one of my training pistols ]. With that 1911, there's no question I could possibly be looking at sights. I likely won't hit it every time, but the misses would still be on a human threat. Last time I played with it a few months ago, I was something like 80% hits on the jug at 100 yrds with the sightless 1911.

That is the video I have been waiting for. I really want to see the technique and how well it works at that distance. Looking forward to it....
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by NH_Esau View Post
    Nice stuff. I'd also love to see some videos of the wall-of-lead from the draw you've discussed in other posts.

Maybe 25 years ago when I started to get away from pure marksmanship and focus more on "realistic" skills, I was taught to look at the threat, where I wanted the bullets to go, and point shoot for anything under about 7 yards, and quick engagements from the draw out to about 10-15 yards. Once we got out past that, it was back to sight alignment and sight picture.

I still shoot that way for the most part, especially when I'm doing speed drills on multiple targets, and shooting on the move. However, I also do close-up one-hole drills and some others out to about 15 yards with a 3x5 card, and I use the sights for those. I still think point shooting (or threat-focused as you call it) is the way to go in most time-critical situations in-close, but there are some good reasons where you may want to use sights at all types of ranges, even very close.

Now your 35 yard point shooting is impressive... I honestly don't think I've ever tried that, but now I will have to.
    Thanks for your thoughts as well. When I get the 100 yrd no sights 1911 out for some filming, the milk jugs getting knocked around should demonstrate with QK, there's just no need for sights, unless one needs an ultra precision shot [ as in hostage situations ].

Yes, it's called "hiding behind a wall of bullets". Where you're out in the open and can't find cover or concealment, the safest place is behind the gun spewing lead on threat. They either move or die. If they move I've created a scenario where their hits/accuracy will be substandard, lowering my risks. If they stand around, they'll be cold forever.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Sponsor
    Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    That is the video I have been waiting for. I really want to see the technique and how well it works at that distance. Looking forward to it....
    It won't disappoint.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Thanks for your thoughts as well. When I get the 100 yrd no sights 1911 out for some filming, the milk jugs getting knocked around should demonstrate with QK, there's just no need for sights, unless one needs an ultra precision shot [ as in hostage situations ].
    That's exactly one of the situations I'm referring to. Another might be a shooter behind partial cover, shooting at a foot under a car, etc.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Ex Member
    Call me old fashioned but I think sites are more than a passing fad.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Sponsored Links