Body Language Signs That Reveal If A Person Is Dangerous

This is a discussion on Body Language Signs That Reveal If A Person Is Dangerous within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Another good article. Read it and also the comments there where some good advice in both. This comment I thought was good. Nice article, I ...

Like Tree38Likes
  • 4 Post By Bill MO
  • 7 Post By claude clay
  • 6 Post By Secret Spuk
  • 3 Post By PEF
  • 5 Post By Harryball
  • 6 Post By patri0t
  • 1 Post By 40Bob
  • 2 Post By deadsexy
  • 2 Post By Kennydale
  • 2 Post By SIGguy229

Thread: Body Language Signs That Reveal If A Person Is Dangerous

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

Body Language Signs That Reveal If A Person Is Dangerous

Another good article. Read it and also the comments there where some good advice in both.

This comment I thought was good.

Nice article, I have noticed these, as well as the ones in the comments in the downtown area where I have a business. some others I see down there frequently are:

aggressors are always scanning for signs of opportunity. The truly homeless shift through in their own reality and seldom noticed the real world moving all around them; but the opportunist and thugs are always on alert. Not one passer by escapes being “sized up”. The beggars do so as well but aren’t bashful and make no moves to conceal it. Beware the person loitering that watches you approach from 2 blocks out, but then seems to not notice you from a block in.

the 2nd thing I have witnessed several times, esp near the public transpertation stations is the “working as a pack” body language. It seems that the “youths” never attack one on one, but instead in groups. It seems they communicate with a series of glances and head nods to reach the consensous of whom the target should be and when to initiate the attack.

A last move I have observed is what I like to call the “pre-occupied shopper”. I see them walking down the sidewalk with a bag of drinks from the 7-11 and either busy with their cell phone or ipod. They use the “urban camo” to pass by unsuspecting victims and then swing the bag with bottle waters or can drinks in a quick strike at them. The stunned recipient is quickly moved in on and knocked down and then mugged.
    Read article here

5 Body Language Signs That Reveal If A Person Is Dangerous | Off The Grid News
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array claude clay's Avatar
    the 'games' change but the underlying thing one must do when out & about is

PAY ATTENTION

while it is good to know what's the latest foolie, best is to be alert for all whose path and yours may cross
    and place yourself to the tactical advantage. if they meant you no harm your subtle movement will go unnoticed;
    if they were eyeing you -- than having lost the element of surprise they will pass on you. win/win

and if they still move against you, you have a plan rather than a cell phone in your hand
    Be aware, be deliberate in your actions and be accurate.
    -------------------
    Why do those elected to positions of power than work so hard
    to deny those same opportunities to the same people who empowered them

Meh....

VIP Member
    Thank Goodness I don't need to be watching for "puckering." That would be really awkward.
    -PEF, a Framer with a Steelie...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    1. All guns are always loaded.
    2. Never let the muzzle cover anything you are not willing to destroy.
    3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target.
    4. Be sure of your target and what is beyond it.

Good stuff, but we have the TSA to protect us from all that is evil in the world, no need to profile anyone......
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Good stuff about body language & behaviors.

Being born & raised in Detroit, I had to learn much early on, or pay the consequences. As a 40 yr LEO, I had to know the specific behaviors + learn a bunch.
    I taught my wife & kids much of what to look for AND how to behave in public (chin-high, walk with purpose, eye contact, strong arm free...e/thing that may exude confidence, without over-doing it).

Beware the folks 'acting' interested in a lame object, being 'fidgety', showing no real purpose, avoiding eye contact, sneaking a look L to R, etc., with consideration to the immediate environment.
    Dress can be a tip (aka baggies, hoodies, cut-off gloves, droopy drawers, bandanas, one pocket inside-out, one cuff on pants, tatts on hand/face/neck, hygiene, etc.)
    So much to know, but if it looks wrong, it probably is.

Then are actions, don't walk by vans in parking lots, blind spots, spaces between buildings, groups, etc.
    Always know what/who is behind you.
    Never let strangers crowd your space (aka asking for change, directions, a light, etc.) prob the most common & dangerous tactic, there.
    Work out every possible scenario in your mind that could possibly happen. There are many people who want to hurt you just for fun. This is a current epidemic against white folks due to the political environment & robberies due to the economy, all in addition to the regular crack-heads, meth-heads, pervs & psychos.

Good Post!
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Pretty much by the time that much body language is displayed they are already in the "pre-fight" posture and it is happening. When I saw that while I was working the street I was on them like white on rice.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

Profiling is wrong but it's a shame that it's so effective. A seasoned Leo does it in his head every waking second and it can save your life. Stay frosty people.
    40Bob and gatorbait51 like this.

The boarding and capture of the USS Pueblo by North Korea in 1968- The North Koreans would use the crew members as a photo op..... Too Bad thet didn't understand Western Body language and the extended middle finger.

Pubelo+Crew+giving+the+finger+to+Norks.jpg
    msgt/ret and Secret Spuk like this.
    If you can, always carry, you can't choose the moments, they choose you. - Colion Noir (2013)

Quote Originally Posted by deadsexy View Post
    Profiling is wrong but it's a shame that it's so effective. A seasoned Leo does it in his head every waking second and it can save your life. Stay frosty people.
    There is nothing wrong with profiling.
    gatorbait51 and Harryball like this.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Links