The Mantra

The Mantra

This is a discussion on The Mantra within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Mantra Posted: December 15, 2013 in Fight Focused Handgun We have heard it over and over “front sight, front sight……press.” Then guys like me ...

Thread: The Mantra

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar

The Mantra

The Mantra
    Posted: December 15, 2013 in Fight Focused Handgun

We have heard it over and over “front sight, front sight……press.” Then guys like me come along and teach you a new mantra “focal point, focal point………drive the gun to the focal point”
    Read more here
    The Mantra | Fight Focused Concepts

Target focused rather than sight focused. IMO a hard focus on the target and a soft focus on the front sight works well. Of course this is assuming that you can get the gun pushed out..I assume this is what you are talking about.....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

I taught cops to shoot for many years. It was always "Front Sight" as rule #1 for limited aim time.
    For precise shooting, I taught mega-concentration on every detail of 'sights' with target becoming a bit blurred.

It is the way all of our Troopers shot handgun in "AA Class" competition. Doesn't work the other way around.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Links