The Mantra

This is a discussion on The Mantra within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The Mantra Posted: December 15, 2013 in Fight Focused Handgun We have heard it over and over “front sight, front sight……press.” Then guys like me ...

Thread: The Mantra

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar

The Mantra

The Mantra
    Posted: December 15, 2013 in Fight Focused Handgun

We have heard it over and over “front sight, front sight……press.” Then guys like me come along and teach you a new mantra “focal point, focal point………drive the gun to the focal point”
    Read more here
    The Mantra | Fight Focused Concepts

2. Remove Ads

Target focused rather than sight focused. IMO a hard focus on the target and a soft focus on the front sight works well. Of course this is assuming that you can get the gun pushed out..I assume this is what you are talking about.....

I taught cops to shoot for many years. It was always "Front Sight" as rule #1 for limited aim time.
    For precise shooting, I taught mega-concentration on every detail of 'sights' with target becoming a bit blurred.

It is the way all of our Troopers shot handgun in "AA Class" competition. Doesn't work the other way around.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

Links