Schools could be doing more to deal with active shooters

This is a discussion on Schools could be doing more to deal with active shooters within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Good story, worth the watch. Schools could be doing more. Jimmy Graham of CQD Denver. Some clips of our training are included. Security experts believe ...

Thread: Schools could be doing more to deal with active shooters

Schools could be doing more to deal with active shooters

Good story, worth the watch. Schools could be doing more. Jimmy Graham of CQD Denver. Some clips of our training are included.

Security experts believe schools should do more to be ready for shootings | KDVR.com
    Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

"...Although a quick response by Arapahoe High School’s School Resource Officer limited Friday’s attack to just 80 seconds, Graham said more frequent training at schools in general would better prepare schools for future incidents..."

Ten years ago my dept was doing school drills for bombs (terrorists) and active shooters at ALL the nearby schools & banks, etc., very often.
    Most public schools I knew of had armed staff. It seems strange to me, that many schools do not think their children are important enough to implement a forceful plan in case their children are threatened. Too many parents don't seem to care enough to show up at the Local School Board Meetings, etc. Many have never even been to one.
    Many, only a few.

What kind of parent sends their child(ren) to a "Gun-Free-Shooting-Preserve"? My wife & I pay extra for our grand-children to attend a "safe" school. It's worth it, to us.

With much political involvement, we got rid of "Gun-Free-Zones" in our State.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

That's exactly what I'm saying.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

Links