Experience with "Practical Firearms Training"

This is a discussion on Experience with "Practical Firearms Training" within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with this outfit? Need a refresher handgun course for myself and a basic handgun course for the wife....

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By TX expat

Thread: Experience with "Practical Firearms Training"

Anyone have any experience with this outfit? Need a refresher handgun course for myself and a basic handgun course for the wife.

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    No personal experience but Pat has an excellent reputation and, after checking out his website(http://www.pgpft.com/) I can see that his classes are very reasonably priced.

IMO It looks like a competent and able crew. I watched the video. I hope thats just a marketing tool. A little too much going on at once. And the whole thing with forming a circular firing squad around a car... well.... what can I say? Thats just not how it's done.

Why dont ya give Brownie {if he dont mind me calling him that} a call... (Just my own personal opinion)

VIP Member
    I don't know. I'd personally have an issue with any training that had someone with live weapons in operation behind me. I'm all for some realistic training but I don't need an actual GSW to get the idea that it's realistic. Pros have to train under less than safe conditions on occasion; I'm not so sure us amateurs really need to.
    Secret Spuk and 5lima30ret like this.
    NRA Life Member

"I don't believe gun owners have rights." - Sarah Brady

Quote Originally Posted by flyinguy View Post
    Anyone have any experience with this outfit? Need a refresher handgun course for myself and a basic handgun course for the wife.
    I have attended the Defensive Handgun I & II and just recently finished the Close Quarter Battle Class. Pat is an excellent instructor with a very knowledgable staff. If you go to one his classes you will find out that safety is a number one priority with him. Classes are kept small and there was 3 to 5 instructors with us at all times. We'll worth the time and money. I am going back in June to take the Advanced Handgun Class.

Distinguished Member Array Exacto's Avatar
    I have taken DHG1, DHG2, Advanced handgun, and am going in October for CQB. They are top notch instructors and safety is always top priority.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunder bolt...... Sun Tzu.

The supreme art of war is to defeat the enemy without fighting........ Sun Tzu.

Cool Exacto. QCB was great. I'm looking forward to the Advanced Handgun class. Everyone tells me it is really good. Seems like Pat is always changing his classes and keeps it interesting.

Looks like a lot of fun. Very hut... hut... hut.

Distinguished Member
    Why can't I find classes like this in Upstate SC?
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your PX4 & your CZ and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.”

NRA Member
    Full Time Firearm Student

Sponsored Links