Low Light Carbine Video

Low Light Carbine Video

This is a discussion on Low Light Carbine Video within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Shooting a student's Noveske Light Recce NSR with an Inforce WML. On transitions to secondary, I am shooting my Glock 17 (2nd Generation) and using ...

Low Light Carbine Video

Shooting a student's Noveske Light Recce NSR with an Inforce WML. On transitions to secondary, I am shooting my Glock 17 (2nd Generation) and using a Surefire 6PX Tactical flashlight (handheld). Expecting a Surefire G2ZX Combat Light which has a rubber grip ring which enhances the Rogers technique. I also like the fact that the body is made of polymer ensuring that it does not get cold and allows for a solid purchase.

The rust shows later in the video. We do not get to shoot much outside of demos in class. In light of the holidays, we got to have a little fun at the range.

I had a Type 1 malfunction when I transitioned to my secondary and clearing it while holding a flashlight worked out.

It's very important to test your gear and stay sharp. Nothing simulates the real thing but if you fumble in training...

It's paramount to train until you no longer do it wrong.

It's paramount to train until you no longer do it wrong.
    So true..

I like to see someone bring low light to the table. It IMO is often over looked by people when they decide to take a glass...
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Well said...it definitely is overlooked. Thanks for watching!

Quote Originally Posted by Harryball View Post
    So true..

I like to see someone bring low light to the table. It IMO is often over looked by people when they decide to take a glass...

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    Harry I agree. but most never think about low light shooting but most situations the will be in happen at low light to no light times.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Quote Originally Posted by Bill MO View Post
    Harry I agree. but most never think about low light shooting but most situations the will be in happen at low light to no light times.
    Exactly, that is why I mentioned it. Most only train in fair weather and never think of disruptive environments. Dont get me wrong I love training when its nice out, but when push comes to shove I get my arse out and do it in all forms of weather and conditions, low light being one of my favorites....
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

VIP Member
    Anyone can shoot well when the conditions are perfect. Training when it is not perfect is the key. Cold, wet, muddy, hot, dusty whatever is what counts.

If you can do it under stress in adverse conditions then you know you can survive an encounter when the time comes.
    "A first rate man with a third rate gun is far better than the other way around". The gun is a tool, you are the craftsman that makes it work. There are those who say "if I had to do it, I could" yet they never go out and train to do it. Don't let stupid be your mindset. Harryball 2013

Bill & Tacman: Thanks for watching. Correct! One should train in hot, cold and inclement weather. Also, it's in training when you work things out. There are so many factors: Lumens overkill, splash back, techniques, shooting from cover, transitioning to secondary, clearing malfunctions...the list goes on.

Again, repetition is the only way to ingrain techniques etc...

Links