Gander Mountain Virtual Training

This is a discussion on Gander Mountain Virtual Training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; While visiting the family in Orlando I took the time to finally checkout Gander Mountain Academy's virtual training at Lake Mary just north of Orlando. ...

Thread: Gander Mountain Virtual Training

While visiting the family in Orlando I took the time to finally checkout Gander Mountain Academy's virtual training at Lake Mary just north of Orlando. They have a small live range with a large virtual range and simulators. The cost is $25/ half hour and offer a couple of bucks off for Government/Military. You pay for the time not per person, so I had both my son and nephew with me. We opted for their 300 degree range which offers a series of virtual popper and range type targets and defensive scenarios too.

The guns are real Glock 19s modified to shoot lasers with Co2 to action the slides. After a quick popper warm up we went right for the defensive scenarios which you can select from on a small touch screen to the side. The actions of those on the video are random and may not always be the same run to run. It was great practice for decision making, shot placement and trigger control. The first video shows some of the simulations we ran through. https://gandermtnacademy.gandermount...ors/simulators

The range officer was a retired LEO and we had a good talk with him after. He said that he uses the simulators to emphasize to civilians the dynamic nature of potential lethal force encounters and civilians should be doing everything they can to not get into bad situations. They only have a few virtual ranges in the country, so those close to these locations are in luck....
    https://gandermtnacademy.gandermountain.com/locations If I had one near me I'd be going once per month.

DP

Thanks for the review DonPablo_VA

VIP Member
    Is the shooter stationary throughout the scenarios?
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Is the shooter stationary throughout the scenarios?
    No you are free to move anywhere within the realitively small circle area. You have room to back up and move laterally which I did on multiple occassions. Would have been interesting to have had slightly larger area with say a few objects to get behind/beside etc to practice getting to and shooting from/around cover.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo_VA View Post
    No you are free to move anywhere within the realitively small circle area. You have room to back up and move laterally which I did on multiple occassions. Would have been interesting to have had slightly larger area with say a few objects to get behind/beside etc to practice getting to and shooting from/around cover.
    I didn't notice the videos until after I asked the question. Appears to be plenty of fun for the buck.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

I sort of heard about this...one site is less than 2 hours away...I'm going!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links