Range report: functioned well, need to adjust the sights

This is a discussion on Range report: functioned well, need to adjust the sights within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Took the ruger sr1911 cmd to the range for the first time today and it functioned great! There were no issues in the 150 rounds ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By bschwan
  • 1 Post By MrBuckwheat

Thread: Range report: functioned well, need to adjust the sights

Range report: functioned well, need to adjust the sights

Took the ruger sr1911 cmd to the range for the first time today and it functioned great! There were no issues in the 150 rounds I was able to shoot other than my group was low and to the left. When I first started shooting I worked with a guy who helped me with my trigger pull and "slapping the trigger" to improve my accuracy. My first thought was that it was me and somehow I had forgotten my training so I slowed down to get things right. It was still a consistent group (a very nice group) but not poa. So I let an experienced shooter give it a go and he was having the same problem. We did everything we could to remove the human element just to make sure it was the gun and not us and shot from a rest. I will be working on adjusting the sights but other than that it was a great afternoon!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    How far away was the targets? I would practice some more get some nice and tight groups before messing with the site adjustments. Make sure you can group. Then and only then adjust your sites.
    good luck and keep shooting.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Fast is fine, but accuracy is everything.
    Wyatt Earp

I was looking at the sights a little bit more and noticed that it seems my front sight may be out of line and why it was shooting to the left. Does anyone know a good way to go about centering the front sight?

securedownload-1.jpg

A punch with a light tap. I would shoot again b4 I modified anthing.
    y

Links