One reason I think FOF is so important

This is a discussion on One reason I think FOF is so important within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Sheepdog Tip of the Day, Before Combat tip 2 One of the key distinguishing characteristics that differentiates these departments from others is their training. In ...

Like Tree26Likes
  • 3 Post By Bill MO
  • 2 Post By Mike1956
  • 1 Post By GWarden
  • 1 Post By TSiWRX
  • 1 Post By DontTreadOnI
  • 3 Post By N.M. Edmands
  • 3 Post By Mike1956
  • 4 Post By AzQkr
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 6 Post By Harryball
  • 1 Post By N.M. Edmands

Thread: One reason I think FOF is so important

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar

Sheepdog Tip of the Day, Before Combat tip 2

One of the key distinguishing characteristics that differentiates these departments from others is their training. In particular, in-service training that provides stress inoculation with paint bullets or some other kind of force-on-force training with marking capsules.
    Closes thing to be in the real thing I've found.
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

VIP Member
    F-on-F is a great training tool. The article didn't mention non-marking airsoft projectiles, which provide great conditioning for shot avoidance and 360 awareness, particularly if used without heavy cover garments.
    gatorbait51 and Bill MO like this.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Trained FOF with semmunition rds. Similar to paintball. Great way to train. Wouldn't mind doing more of it.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array TSiWRX's Avatar
    There's been several very good Force Science articles about scenario training/Force-on-Force, covering everything from the mindset/traits of the individual pre-incident to their performances during, and even the psychological fallout and other considerations after the actual critical incident.

Anyone here use the UTM Man-Marker Rounds?
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array DontTreadOnI's Avatar
    Reminds me of my old paintball days when I used to play every weekend. Man I need to get back out there when it warms up.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

The beauty of FOF is it allows you to find whether any method, tactic , technique, idea, stance, concept you know or thought you knew works ---or doesn't.
    Eye opening and mind altering.
    Bill MO, ccw9mm and gatorbait51 like this.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by N.M. Edmands View Post
    The beauty of FOF is it allows you to find whether any method, tactic , technique, idea, stance, concept you know or thought you knew works ---or doesn't.
    The speed and confusion of it all was what most impressed me at first.
    "If I had my choice I would kill every reporter in the world, but I am sure we would be getting reports from Hell before breakfast."
    William T. Sherman

Sponsor
    FoF will separate the skills that work well and those that should be dropped from practice [ if training for sd purposes not bullseye shooting ]. Like taking a stance, shooting two handed and using one's sights.

In Fof, if you aren't moving, you're getting shot, at least more often anyway. If you can't get the gun out in a timely manner, you'll find out why I profess a faster, not slower draw stroke be attained through diligent practice with dry or live fire training. In Fof, people find out those tiny little groups they can drill aren't to be incorporated into sd scenarios.

Light bulbs go off pretty quickly what's NOT going to work.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by N.M. Edmands View Post

Can be a great destroyer of illusions and preconceptions. Hard to take such things "out for a stroll" without FoF, with anywhere near the degree of stressing those illusions.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The more realistic the better with FoF. No gaming, no scripts. A general scenario and let the chips fall...The first few times it is a real eye opener.
    Bill MO, ccw9mm, DRM and 3 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Harry's on the money here. It has to be well supervised and controlled or it turns into a game of squirt guns with pain.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Oh yeh? Well this was sent from the scary black electrical box under my desk, so there!
    "It aint how good you shoot, it's how cool you look doing it." [Fred Sayer 1994]
    H&K P7
    Colt XS, Star PD
    Caracal F

Sponsored Links