Anyone ever train with Paul Baumener ?

This is a discussion on Anyone ever train with Paul Baumener ? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; HI Folks! Years ago, I took a Tactical Handgun course with a guy by the name of Paul Baumener. He was not well known to ...

Thread: Anyone ever train with Paul Baumener ?

HI Folks!

Years ago, I took a Tactical Handgun course with a guy by the name of Paul Baumener. He was not well known to the general public because he primarily trained cloak & dagger types, but this guy was good! He made me sweat, he made me bleed and I learned more in two days with him than I had in the previous 30 years about shooting and street survival. His doctrine and curriculum were very similar to John Farnam's, and in fact he co-taught some courses with John.
    Anyway, I talked to Paul tonite - we've become friends over the years and every now and then we get on the phone for a visit. After hanging up, I began wondering if any of his other students ever frequent Combat Carry, so I thought that I'd throw this out for discussion.

Never heard of him before but is he still a trainer and if so can we get the info to contact him? Sound's like a trainer I'd like to check out further.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Never heard of him before but is he still a trainer and if so can we get the info to contact him? Sound's like a trainer I'd like to check out further.

Ti.
    Hi Ti,

He retired from the business some time ago. However, I have a range here at ye olde holster shop, and I'm trying to talk him into coming by for a weekend and doing an intro level course. He has not agreed to it, but he did not say no either...
    If I can work out the details with him, I'll post a class date, fee information, etc here. Thanks!

I trained with Paul Baumener...

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    HI Folks!

Years ago, I took a Tactical Handgun course with a guy by the name of Paul Baumener. He was not well known to the general public because he primarily trained cloak & dagger types, but this guy was good! He made me sweat, he made me bleed and I learned more in two days with him than I had in the previous 30 years about shooting and street survival. His doctrine and curriculum were very similar to John Farnam's, and in fact he co-taught some courses with John.
    Anyway, I talked to Paul tonite - we've become friends over the years and every now and then we get on the phone for a visit. After hanging up, I began wondering if any of his other students ever frequent Combat Carry, so I thought that I'd throw this out for discussion.
    I did many years ago. I wrote Massad Ayoobe if there was a trainer in Pa he might know of. He told me about Paul, and gave me contact info. He is a great trainer, honorable man, and makes you work in those 2 days. Actually I would like to be in contact with him again. If you hear from him please have him contact me.

Where is your shop?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Brommeland View Post
    Hi Ti,

He retired from the business some time ago. However, I have a range here at ye olde holster shop, and I'm trying to talk him into coming by for a weekend and doing an intro level course. He has not agreed to it, but he did not say no either...
    If I can work out the details with him, I'll post a class date, fee information, etc here. Thanks!

Holy thread revival 6 years later
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Bill MO's Avatar
    If I remember right Gary was in TN or KY
    It's gotta be who you are, not a hobby. reinman45

"Is this persons bad behavior worth me having to kill them over?" Guantes

Links