Crossdraw

Crossdraw

This is a discussion on Crossdraw within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone ever carry crossdraw? (Opposite hip, butt forward) or is this only for the movies? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Crossdraw

Crossdraw

Anyone ever carry crossdraw? (Opposite hip, butt forward) or is this only for the movies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Usually for folks who do a lot of carrying while sitting/driving.
    ,____,
    //' British Agent
    "
    "Happiness is a warm Gun."

I have a OWBXD that I use when I spend a lot of time in vehicle, I can't imagine driving without it actually. It doesn't conceal that great but it attaches magnetically and I can quickly take it off and stuff it IWB on the strong side for decent concealment in a pinch. My state is very OC/CC friendly when it comes to vehicles.

Senior Member Array CR Williams's Avatar
    I carried that way for a long time. I took Point Shooting Progressions the first time running it that way. OWB. Anything specific you're looking to find out about it?
    molleur likes this.
    "Oh, bother," said Pooh as he rocked another mag into the 556R...

www.inshadowinlight.com

http://inshadowinlight.wordpress.com

Keep a remora in car for trips use it crossdraw

Distinguished Member
    I occasionally use a crossdraw paddle holster by Malibu Gunleather. Left handed here. Carry's well and conceals my SP101 snubby suficiently.
    TBG likes this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

TBG
    As a righty nowway can I draw from concealed with a seat belt. So I have a serpa screwed to the console in my truck for when driving.

I tried crossdraw, But I'm not shaped for it. Or my arms are too short lately.

I like crossdraw with a shoulder holster. My problem with crossdraw OWB or IWB is that it presents your firearm to anyone facing you. I have used an off hand holster on my strong side, but that results is a kind of twist draw like an SOB holster.
    Richard58 likes this.

I prefer 11:00 crossdraw for OC in the boonies on foot or 4-wheeler. It don't work for CC however. It draws stares when OC in the city whereas strong side carry rarely gets a second glance. I am one who does care what image is being projected to the undecided middle-of-the-road voters so it's strong side for the citified.
    Secret Spuk and Richard58 like this.

My wife carries crossdraw and I have a few times. Bottom line, if it's comfortable for you and you can draw it well. That's all that matters.
    sensei2 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array kelcarry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Easy8 View Post
    Keep a remora in car for trips use it crossdraw
    And you can then turn it around as an IWB holster, before you exit the car. Recently in SC, however, we have won the right by law to keep a firearm under our seat or any container that maintains CC in the car.

Distinguished Member Array Oldpsufan's Avatar
    I have used a shoulder type while driving long distances. actually it's a T shirt with a Velcro pocket worn under a loose fitting outer shirt. Very comfortable with a small gun.

Yeah. I have always liked crossdraw. And from a seated position, it cant be beat. I have a galco paddle holster that has an easy change over from strong side to crossdraw, but of course I cant think of the name of it.

Saying that, for non driving situations, I generally go with OWB, strong side carry. Mags on opposite side, bullets always facing in same direction. For me thats bullets forward, though it doesnt matter which direction you use, so long as you are consistent in it.

I carried in crossdraw position for a couple of months in 2009 following some surgery. I find it very natural and for drawing from a seated position it can't be beat. Concealment takes a little work but is doable with the right gun. I don't carry crossdraw now but given the amount of time I spend seated in a car, at my desk and in restaurants etc it seems a practical option for me.

I got used to a cross draw in Alaska when I was carrying a shotgun to run grizzlies out of camp. It was loaded with beanbag rounds but I needed a heavy caliber handgun in case they got fractious. The shotgun kept banging into my revolver. Anyway I really liked it and now I carry my Kimber in a cross draw and it feels natural.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links