I'm in pain today after hitting the range on Wednesday has this ever happened to you?

This is a discussion on I'm in pain today after hitting the range on Wednesday has this ever happened to you? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I decided to go to the outdoor range closest to my house which is about an hour away since it's a fairly long drive I ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree49Likes

Thread: I'm in pain today after hitting the range on Wednesday has this ever happened to you?

I'm in pain today after hitting the range on Wednesday has this ever happened to you?

I decided to go to the outdoor range closest to my house which is about an hour away since it's a fairly long drive I normally bring at least several guns and a bunch of ammo now normally I shoot 9mm but on this day I decided to really break in my Dan Wesson ECO compact 1911 in .45 acp as well as shoot a couple other 1911's and a CZ 97 all in .45. Well last night my left (weak) hand started to hurt and today I have enough pain where it actually hurts to try and grip something tight with my left hand. The only thing I can think of is I shot well over 700 rounds of .45 ACP within the span of about an 1.5 to 2 hours and the majority of it was shot in the ECO and I bruised or injured my hand somehow with that many rounds. I did find by the end while I wasn't in pain my arms did feel pretty fatigued.

HAs this ever happened to anyone else? I have shot USPSA matches mostly with a 9mm as well as hit the range with a bunch of 9mm and never had an issue.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

700 rounds of anything in 2 hours is a lot IMO. most .45's are pretty manageable, but that would probably make me sore too. How many rounds did you shoot off hand only?
    gatorbait51 and oneshot like this.

Thumbs down

Sort of...

Someone at the dairy where I worked got the bone headed notion it would be great fun for everyone to play paintball. So about 10 of us went for the day. Long story short I saw something move so I fired my 69 caliber ancient single shot at the movement. Unfortunately it was my shift foreman. He moved his head so I hit him in the face. He was one to keep a grudge so y'all can guess how that went. We were perhaps 10 feet apart hugging the same stump.

My entire body was wracked with pain for 3 days afterwards.
    I never played paintball ever again. I was in my late 30s at the time. It's a game for kids and the barely 21 crowd.
    gatorbait51 and RoadRunner71 like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Wow, 700 rds, lol. Must have been great. I've never experienced the problem you explained. However, I'bve never shot that many rds at one range visit. Could be anything. Best advice might be to have a Dr. check it out. Good luck. Stay Safe.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Never had that problem. But I think running a jackhammer in my younger days and destroying two N frames with many hot handloads has made me almost immune to handgun recoil.

However, that may change and I may feel it later as age progresses.
    Ignorance is a long way from stupid, but left unchecked, can get there real fast.

Never had that issue...However age will get all of us...
    gatorbait51, Ghost1958 and OD* like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

If you can send me 700rds of 9mm, I'll see if I can recreate the condition for you so you'll know if you're an anomaly.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    My shoulder will get sore if I shoot more than two or three rounds of sporting clays, or a whole afternoon of skeet. I've gotten a sore shoulder sighting in a particularly surly distance rifle. Other than that I've gotten tennis elbow several times from excessive draw/dry fire drills pretending I'm Jelly Bryce.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member Array shadowwalker's Avatar
    I have been a fan of Grip Master for some time and I have seen several other brands and I had a couple of rubber balls that were for stress. I use the grip every day for both hands so I can keep the old age hand problems at bay but if I need the off hand I will have the strength to do that. If it's a strain or something minor ice is a great friend, hope its not serious and you recover quickly.
    gatorbait51, Jaeger and Ianthin like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ianthin View Post
    700 rounds of anything in 2 hours is a lot IMO. most .45's are pretty manageable, but that would probably make me sore too. How many rounds did you shoot off hand only?

All 700. I didn't feel it that day but last night it started to hurt and today it's really killing me.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TSOL View Post
    All 700. I didn't feel it that day but last night it started to hurt and today it's really killing me.
    Yikes. Sounds like what happens after a minor car wreck. All is good the same day, but after you sleep on it the pain appears.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    I'm not saying we should kill all the stupid people. I'm saying remove all the warning labels and let the problem sort itself out.

St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I have been a fan of Grip Master for some time and I have seen several other brands and I had a couple of rubber balls that were for stress. I use the grip every day for both hands so I can keep the old age hand problems at bay but if I need the off hand I will have the strength to do that. If it's a strain or something minor ice is a great friend, hope its not serious and you recover quickly.
    Yep. I have a silicone ball the car, and Power Putty at home, and I'm squeezing something all the time (almost like there was something wrong with me!). Besides just squeezing it if you squeeze it tight and then flex your arm back and forth it works all the muscles.

I started doing it as a teenager after watching Charles Bronson in "The Mechanic". I've never gotten to the point where I could break a shot glass from the inside with my fingers, but that was the original goal...
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Distinguished Member
    Sometimes we get what we ask for and then we act surprised. go figure
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

Distinguished Member Array onacoma's Avatar
    If it was your Strong hand I could see the issue with recoil, but you state it is your weak hand and its your left? I'm no doc but it maybe something else causing the pain! Maybe DocBob could chime in!
    gatorbait51 likes this.

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress. -- John Adams

If you think health care is expensive now, wait until you see what it costs when it's free! -- P.J. O'Rourke

Quote Originally Posted by Dan.w.daugherty View Post
    If you can send me 700rds of 9mm, I'll see if I can recreate the condition for you so you'll know if you're an anomaly.
    You might need a second opinion.....send me 700 rds too!
    Dan.1977P and gatorbait51 like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links