AIWB in USPSA

This is a discussion on AIWB in USPSA within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here is a lengthy but excellent article about a tactically oriented guy embracing the USPSA game and taking his skills to a significantly higher level. ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: AIWB in USPSA

AIWB in USPSA

Here is a lengthy but excellent article about a tactically oriented guy embracing the USPSA game and taking his skills to a significantly higher level. Lots of embedded videos in the article help to make it a really good read. And he is not just participating, he is in the game to win and do so with his carry gear.

Rational Gun: USPSA as a competitive environment for AIWB (appendix carry shooters)

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Good read. He is shooting the way IDPA was intended to be shot- but is not. It would be nice if we could have a shooting sport that wouldn't be gamed by anybody. A true run what you carry competition would be nice. Of course that's difficult to make "fair" since people carry all variety of things and some is much more suited to competition than others (a red dot equipped Glock vs. a S&W Shield isn't exactly a level field). But as long as people want to win it will be gamed to some degree.

IDPA's refusal to allow AIWB is just ridiculous. I mean they did change the rules this year to allow a spare mag to be at the hip bone and not at 9:00 which moved it forward about an inch or two... big deal.
    "The only people I like besides my wife and children are Marines."
    - Lt. Col. Oliver North

Well unless I'm looking at nice looking women my attention span ain't that hot. I did catch the "I carried 14 pounds of gear for years and all I got to show for it is this Sharpshooters Award." I carried about 10 pounds of gear on my belt for 10 years and all I got to show for it is an attitude and arthritis in my hips and legs.
    Bad Bob likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links