How many Rounds Did You Shoot Last Year - Page 2

How many Rounds Did You Shoot Last Year

This is a discussion on How many Rounds Did You Shoot Last Year within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I don't shoot IDPA during the summer months here in South Florida due to a problem with heat stroke in the past. My shootin' season ...

View Poll Results: How many Rounds

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-1000

20 22.99%
  • 1001-5000

30 34.48%
  • 5001-10,000

21 24.14%
  • 10,000-20,000

8 9.20%
  • I Cant Count That High

8 9.20%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't shoot IDPA during the summer months here in South Florida due to a problem with heat stroke in the past. My shootin' season runs about September thru April for competition. When I'm instructing I usually go to an indoor range year 'round. I model technique then critique and shape at those times. So....I'll figure about 1600-2000 rds a year for myself. Maybe another 500-1000 rds in instructional demonstrations, etc.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

"Waltzing".....I think I shoot about 10K a year......BUT playing "Rock-N-Roll"....now that's entirely different......I think I shot an easy 35K rounds last year. That included calibers ranging from 22LR to 308...

I got my CCW permit last year for Texas and hit the range every week with the Beretta at 500-600 rds per trip. I kept that up for about 6 months and rolled back to 300-400 rds per trip til August. Got my Kimber Eclipse and put about 2500 rds thru it. All total, I shot between 16K to 18K last year. This year is way down though....probably 3K to 4K so far.
    "Endeavor To Persevere"
    Chief Dan George

I just bought another 5k rounds. I'll go through 2 tomorrow spending the day at the range with some high-cyclic rate friends of mine.
    Driver carries less than $45 worth of remorse.

I make it a point to take my son out to the desert at least once every other month, and usually some bud's will come along with some of their guns also.
    Every time we go I pretty much bring the same amount of ammo: 5 to 6 boxes of 45ACP - a brick of 22.'s - 5 to 6 boxes of 12 Ga. - 5 to 6 boxes of 38.spl and a buttload of AOL cd's as targets (They come in handy for something finally). Been doin' that for about the past 3 or 4 years now.
    When I was a subgun instructor at Frontsight, after class they would let us take a 5 gallon bucket full of ammo and let us practice as much as we felt the need, so I can't even imagine the numbers we would go through then.
    May the Schwartz be with you

Senior Member Array CombatEffective's Avatar
    I guess I should be keeping track of such on a spreadsheet for total rounds and broken down by firearm and discipline. I know it was more than 1000, but it couldn't have been more than 5,000. At least I don't think it was. I did run through a bunch of .22lr last year though.
    Shooters' Legacy

Special sections for S&W and Ruger

However most were on the skeet range...
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

i'd say right around 4000 rounds. that's one of the problems with having a wife who likes guns. not only do your gun purchase expenses go up, your ammo costs go WAY up.

i took money i have had left over and reloaded about every brass i could find and went and took 3 ccw classes the first we shot 1500+ 500 rounds a day the secound we shot 3000+ rounds 750 in 4days and 5000+ in 7 days plus i empty my stash of another 750-1000 one day before just trying to get my new gun adj. I have shot more this summer then i have all my life put together. I just need to get a job. i'm a lazy bum. :chairshot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links