How many Rounds Did You Shoot Last Year

This is a discussion on How many Rounds Did You Shoot Last Year within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; For Training and for plinking i havnt added mine up yet but it'll easly crack 10k ill try to add it up later if my ...

View Poll Results: How many Rounds

Voters
87. You may not vote on this poll
  • 1-1000

20 22.99%
  • 1001-5000

30 34.48%
  • 5001-10,000

21 24.14%
  • 10,000-20,000

8 9.20%
  • I Cant Count That High

8 9.20%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many Rounds Did You Shoot Last Year

How many Rounds Did You Shoot Last Year

For Training and for plinking i havnt added mine up yet but it'll easly crack 10k ill try to add it up later if my headache goes away

2. Remove Ads

Don't really remember

Couple thousand sounds about right, but I don't really remember. If it was more than 5k, then I _sure_ don't remember spending that much on ammo. Let's see, I average something like 75 rounds per range trip, and average 2 trips to the range per month... that'd be 1800 rounds... probably about right.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

1952 - 2006
    My best estimate would be somewhere between 8 and 10 thousand rounds. Which is exactly why i have to reload on the Dillon, otherwise ammo costs would rival the rent.
    I am a firm believer that if you are going to carry daily then you have to stay proficient. About half of that ammo is on a static range, the other half is shot in combat practice, ie shooting and moving under stress and time limits.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Lead Moderator
    right on with dillon loaders. These babies rock for knocking out ammo. Probably about 6-7000 rnds last year.

18k easily.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

I try for 150 - 300 a week.

3-4000. I try for 100 rds a week now.

Ever since the new year started, so basically for one month, I've put myself on a regiment. I'll figure I'll shoot up something between 6 and 8 thousand rounds this year.

Wow. I hadn't really thought about how much more I am practicing since I decided to do this last November. I used to think nothing of going a month without firing a gun, and then I'd fire a whole bunch at once.

I've since learned that just because I shot 1500 rounds a month ago, that doesn't mean I learned anything. It seems that frequently shooting a few hundred (200-400) rounds is much more productive.

I think after the first year or two of this kind of training I'll cut back a little, not on frequency but on total rounds fired.

I have had lots of people advise me that even if I have a bad month where I don't have a lot of cash to practice on, to at least go fire 100 rounds at least once that month just to keep in form.

February may be that month. Insurance premiums have come a callin', and I'm going to be gone two weekends already.

Finally got around to adding it up Around 16K

I was under 1000 but I was in Iraq so it doesnt count. Since Ive been back (APR 04') probably about 5000.

VIP Member
    Don't ever become part of the leadership of a club. It cuts into your shooting time tremendously. The past two years have absolutely been the lowest round counts of my life. I did 400 rounds one morning in December which is the only reason I even come close to 1000 in 2004.

-Scott-

I dont really have a routine when it comes to rangetime, as long as I put 100 rounds through my carry gun every weekend. Some weekends shoot a lot more. I've took my 4" Kimber, 5" Polymer Kimber, Colt 1991, and put 100 round through each, one day I put 400 rounds through my thompson (I normally stop at 200), other times I've put 800 through the MP5 rental.

If I had to guess, I'd say at least 10k.

I meant to keep track of my round count this year, but forgot about it until now. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    Don't ever become part of the leadership of a club. It cuts into your shooting time tremendously.
    I'm on the board of directors for the range here. Thankfully it's a low, low maintenance gig.

And my 4H instructor time doesn't eat into my shooting time much as I have a tendency to pop off rounds from what I want before and after the 4H session and score some trigger time myself if we have more instructors than students (which happens with some regularity).

As far as number of rounds expended, good god. I average 500-1k a week.
    I've had days of 2k rounds. My trunk looks like an arms dealer's warehouse and I know how many cases it takes to get into the very, very cheap UPS shipping range.

I ordered 2.5k of .308 on the first of the year and I'm almost out of that batch, along with the 2k of 9mm that came in on the same order, plus about 750 .44 rounds.

And people wonder why I drive a 18 year old car. :)

For me it use to be about 1,000 rounds a week for almost 20 years. Now I'm down to about 1,000 every month due to work constaints

I shoot between 100 and 150 rounds every two weeks, so somewhere between 2600 and 3900 per year.
    - Tom
    You have the power to donate life.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links