FedEX shooting in 1 Pic.

FedEX shooting in 1 Pic.

This is a discussion on FedEX shooting in 1 Pic. within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Just another predictable "Gun-Free-Zone" event. [ATTACH=CONFIG] 90073[/ATTACH] Zero deterrence; over & over & over.......

Like Tree18Likes
  • 2 Post By patri0t
  • 4 Post By MJK
  • 5 Post By tdave
  • 3 Post By Bad Bob
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm
  • 2 Post By Blue Thunder
  • 1 Post By Fizban

Thread: FedEX shooting in 1 Pic.

FedEX shooting in 1 Pic.

Just another predictable "Gun-Free-Zone" event.
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]
    90073[/ATTACH]

Zero deterrence; over & over & over....
    Attached Images
    BenGoodLuck and Ghost1958 like this.
    Retired State Trooper (40 long years) 8 years State Range Instructor - BS Degree- Justice, MS Degree- Criminology
    All forms of Gun Control are Unconstitutional / Illegal and beyond the scope of the US. Supreme Court.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one"- Luke 22:36

MJK
    John Lott, author of "More Guns, Less Crime" has studied gun-free zones extensively. His analyses clearly show the folly of posting these signs.

Perhaps the executives responsible for this policy should post the same sign in their front yard if they truly believe this nonsense.
    [T]he unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people. ---Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

If these "Executives" were held responsible for the carnage they have inflicted this idiocy would cease!

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    If these "Executives" were held responsible for the carnage they have inflicted this idiocy would cease!
    You expect too much of people.
    My rifle and pistol are tools, I am the weapon.

“Moral indignation is jealousy with a halo.”
    - H. G. Wells -

Quote Originally Posted by tdave View Post
    The violent predators have inflicted the harms. But, certainly, folks (a) advertising to violent felons that inside is a "target-rich environment" of people incapable of defending themselves, (b) disarming people who'd otherwise be armed to the teeth and capable of withstanding such predation ... those folks are certainly guilty of contributory, willful reckless negligence that entices such predators and helps to cement the likelihood such predators will succeed.

I just wish the so-called "judges" would judge reality correctly, here. The contribution such people make via their signage and the resulting carnage is apparent. I just wish it would get valued as such. But then, in the USA, as in most places, there seems to be little desire to consider the true and complete costs of people's actions. Place a sign, brand an upstanding citizen as felon, strip a citizen of the means of survival? Then you get fewer citizens surviving and draw predators like flies to honey. Duh.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

And the Security Guard who has the worst wound had NO Gun! That isn't security, it is stupid company policy.
    BenGoodLuck and Wolf357 like this.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Lets just say what it is [generally]..

these signs are typically posted not because they are trying to prevent "Crime" but because they simply do not trust the average joe citizen being armed. Many feel that the recklessness and poor judgment of the armed joe citizen is a bigger threat than the criminal who they already know will not heed the sign. Although I disagree with baring the law abiding from carrying firearms, I understand their misguided attempt to reduce risk.
    BenGoodLuck likes this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Yes, disarming citizens capable of protecting themselves worked out so well at Fort Hood.
    forthoodcartoon_zpsd6efc894.jpgNot-Armed-24686331283.jpg
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Life Member NRA
    2AF
    Maryland Shall Issue
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Isn't that two times at Ft. Hood now??
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder, I smell Victory in the Morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    Lets just say what it is [generally]..

these signs are typically posted not because they are trying to prevent "Crime" but because they simply do not trust the average joe citizen being armed. Many feel that the recklessness and poor judgment of the armed joe citizen is a bigger threat than the criminal who they already know will not heed the sign. Although I disagree with baring the law abiding from carrying firearms, I understand their misguided attempt to reduce risk.
    That's exactly it. They KNOW the no-gun signs won't keep crazy shooters like this, or even robbers. They KNOW it only keeps law abiding citizens unarmed.

They feel that allowing guns in the building means someone could draw a weapon after they get into an argument with an employee (or co-worker), or they could be liable should a gun accidentally discharge or something. There's not really any stats to back that up; and I disagree with their decision. But; if we're going to fight it; we need to understand what it is. It's trying to prevent a gun coming in innocently and turning sinister. And that HAS happened, albeit extraordinarily rare and almost a statistical zero (CCW'er walks into a building, gets into an argument, pulls his gun. Not because he's defending himself; but because he's ticked off that someone cut him off in traffic or something). Again that's incredibly rare, but it's a 'fear' in the minds of people when they think of concealed carry holders. So they don't want you bringing your guns in, and they know you'll abide by the sign.

Remember THEY don't carry for their safety, and they are afraid that you are more dangerous than helpful (not because of statistics; because of fear). And that's why the signs go up.

Links