Quality, FREE online training

This is a discussion on Quality, FREE online training within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am looking for some good quality, free online training videos. I was looking at 11Bravotraining, one of their instructors is NRA certified. Are there ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: Quality, FREE online training

Quality, FREE online training

I am looking for some good quality, free online training videos. I was looking at 11Bravotraining, one of their instructors is NRA certified. Are there any other good quality free online resources? I do not have money to pay a personal trainer. I don't want to rely on "some dude" who has seen a war movie and thinks he knows everything now. Thank you.

2. Remove Ads

Free, Quality, and online.... thats kind of a three way oxymoron.
    Mike1956, PEF, oldnfat and 8 others like this.

I've seen several war movies.

Check out the youtube channel: Range time
    Sister likes this.
    Walther PPS 9mm
    MDJ IWB holster // Cooks AIWB holster
    Nelson IWB spare mag (www.nelsonholsters.com) *DC Sponsor*
    Filson belt (www.filson.com)
    SOG Twitch2

uhhhhhhhhh errrrrrrr.....

Seriously? OK so I looked at their website, and tasted one of the free video's. The one titled "How to load a revolver" Seriously? They need to hire some real and experienced talent. Talent in firearms, and teaching expertice. I think you may be better off talking to some guy who once saw a war movie.

Distinguished Member
    I'm sure if you look you can find something. I know I found some great knife throwing videos on youtube that start you out with the basics. You can learn pretty much anything on youtube but just be care and use your noggin when choosing since anybody can put up a video and there are a lot of dumb dumb's out there.
    GWarden likes this.
    United Daughters of the Confederacy Member

Matthew 12:36, 37

36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37 For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

About the best you're going to get is the YouTube type clips and snippets from the various respected trainers around the country. A few of them have posted a number of clips.

I just don't think you're going to get any of the "best of" type training videos for free. The information is too valuable for them to just give it away.

About the best you could do is to put the word out there for wanting to buy up someone's video library for a "song." Might get bites, with such an offer. Just as some folks unload weapons, reloading supplies and other items at "estate" or garage sales, I'm sure such stuff as vids can be found by such methods as well.
    Secret Spuk likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Some post videos for the notoriety; some make videos for the income. You'll get what you pay for.
    ccw9mm, Secret Spuk and JDE101 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    About the best you're going to get is the YouTube type clips and snippets from the various respected trainers around the country. A few of them have posted a number of clips.
    That's what I am looking for but I don't know who any "respected trainers" are. I really liked the video Jerry Miculek had. I am new to the handgun/dc realm of firearms.

Sent from my SCH-i705 using Tapatalk
    I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    You can learn pretty much anything on youtube but just be care and use your noggin when choosing since anybody can put up a video and there are a lot of dumb dumb's out there.
    That's what I mean by "Some guy who has seen a war movie and thinks he knows everything"

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full victory!

Good Luck! And let us all beseech the blessings of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking. -- Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower, 06 June 1944

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Some post videos for the notoriety; some make videos for the income. You'll get what you pay for.
    I realize that, but I also know DC'rs are a tight "small" community. Five minutes are this forum proves that. Some people like to help others get started.

Secret Spuk and Ghost1958 like this.

Some sources that might be worth pursuing ...

IPSC Champions -- list

GunSite, in AZ -- Jeff Cooper's former digs

Thunder Ranch, in OR -- Clint Smith

Massad Ayoob, of the Massad Ayoob Group

Tactical Defense Institute, in OH

Suarez Int'l, in AZ
    techieccw and TSKnight like this.
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by techieccw View Post
    I am looking for some good quality, free online training videos. I was looking at 11Bravotraining, one of their instructors is NRA certified. Are there any other good quality free online resources? I do not have money to pay a personal trainer. I don't want to rely on "some dude" who has seen a war movie and thinks he knows everything now. Thank you.
    There's a wide range between free and the cost of a personal trainer. But for well under $100, you can get some excellent videos, such as the Clint Smith series (Thunder Ranch Videos | Guns Magazine)

Bear in mind, although the videos are informative and you can play them over and over, they are two-dimensional at best. You can't interact with the instructor and he can't see and correct subtle things you're doing wrong. So consider the videos a good start, but start saving up for some real professional training - which need not be one-on-one. I've done that, but frankly I learned more by being in larger classes where you benefit from other students' problems and corrections.
    techieccw likes this.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

For the same cost as the pistol in your avatar, you could get through a fundamentals class and probably an advanced class at a local school. That training will be worth way more than the gun and then you can have a good idea on what is good and bad on youtube to help hone your skills. Lots of people swear by dry fire drills at home too.
    David Armstrong and Hoganbeg like this.
    ... evil will always triumph because good is dumb! - Dark Helmet

Here's an article that might give you some ideas, about some of the "names" in training ... Ken Hackathorn: Training For Real Life, @ Armed Citizens' Legal Defense Network.

Bill Fairbairn and Rex Applegate -- point shooting technique

Defense Training International -- John Farnam
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links