Looking for a course for Mom-in-law in WI

This is a discussion on Looking for a course for Mom-in-law in WI within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hey all, I live in AZ but my mother-in-law is in NE Wisconsin. Horicon to be exact. She has never taken a firearms course and ...

Hey all, I live in AZ but my mother-in-law is in NE Wisconsin. Horicon to be exact. She has never taken a firearms course and asked if I knew where she could take one. She is a complete newbie. She has shot handguns 1-2 times. I planned on getting her a course for her birthday. I am looking for good quality instruction for beginners. Can anyone give me any direction?

Man, nothing?

Senior Member Array Matthew Temkin's Avatar
    Is there any local ranges by her?/
    Gun stores??
    That would be the place to ask.
    Also, contact the N.R.A. for any instructors in her area.
    It sounds as if all she needs is a very basic course and the NRA would be a good start.
    In the meantime this DVD would be an excellent source for her:
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/813...o-firearms-dvd
    ( It is available from Amazon and several other venues. Do a Google search.)

Mother in laws want massages, not tactical training. No matter what you do, it will be wrong.
    As Benjamin Franklin left the hall in Philadelphia, he was asked, “What kind of government have you given us, Dr. Franklin?” He replied: “A republic, if you can keep it.”

NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Try contacting Wisconsin Carry, Inc. While they offer free concealed carry classes, they might link your MIL up with a local instructor that could show her the ropes.

The only one I have had personal experience with is Personal Protection Academy. He and his wife do CC courses and individual training. He has access to both indoor and outdoor ranges at the Winnequa Gun Club. Phone (888) 657-4668. He's about a 45 min drive from Horicon. Very professional and personable. Good luck.

Links