L F I

This is a discussion on L F I within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Has anyone here ever taken one of Massad Ayoob's L F I 1 courses?He has one in Arizona in April and I'm tempted to make ...

Thread: L F I

L F I

Has anyone here ever taken one of Massad Ayoob's L F I 1 courses?He has one in Arizona in April and I'm tempted to make a road trip out of it and ride my Duc to Scottsdale.

If you've taken a course from him what did you like about it? Also, what did you not like about it? Is it a good value for the money spent?

Thanks in advance, Biker

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I took LFI I and II in August 1996. Excellent courses. There was a good balance of shooting and classroom time. Much of the classroom time was dedicated to legal concerns of the use of deadly force.

There wasn't really anything I disliked about the courses. I'd like to take LFI III....maybe one day.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Two guys I know from on the east coast took it and said it was worth every penny they spent on it.
    You might be a Redneck if: You've ever pruned your trees with a shotgun.

Hey Biker, do you have any info about this course? Like where, when, how much?
    TSgt. Lickey

It takes a college degree to break'em;
    and a high school education to fix'em!

If you've taken a course from him what did you like about it? Also, what did you not like about it? Is it a good value for the money spent?
    I've taken LFI 1 and 2. I've also attended Sigarms Academy, Cumberland Tactics (Randy Cain), and S&W Academy.

Ayoob is without peer when it comes to teaching you about the justifiable use of deadly force. No one else comes close to teaching you what he does about when you can, and more importantly, when you CAN'T use deadly force.

Ayoob is a very entertaining speaker, although his language is not for the faint of heart. You will spend a fair amount of the time watching his videos. That's not because he's being lazy. Instead, he does that so that if you get in a jam, those very same videos can be played for the jury so that they can understand what your training was.

His marksmanship training is quite good, but not great. I've since moved away from some of his dogma on this regard. What I use now is something of a blend of Ayoob's, Sigarms' and Randy Cain's dogma. Take what works for you and ignore the rest.

LFI-1 is definitely worth taking and definitely worth the money.

Thank you for the replies. I feel that I've made a good choice.

Biker

Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    Hey Biker, do you have any info about this course? Like where, when, how much?
    http://www.ayoob.com/lfi96.html

It's in April in Scottsdale, April 9-13.

Member Array Optimistic Paranoid's Avatar
    I did the LFI 1 class twice, about 5 years apart, and have taken the LFI 2 class as well. I've also done classes with Chuck Taylor, John Farnam, and Louis Awerback, and they were ALL great.

But I think the LFI 1 class is the FIRST class you should take, and if you plan to take ONLY one, it should be this one. I learned stuff in there that I never learned in any of the others.

Regards
    John
    Regards
    John

Life Member - American Society of Armed Political Malcontents

Question Authority. Hang As Necessary!

In God I Trust. Everybody Else Keep Your Hands Where I Can See Them!

Links