Defensive Carry banner

Range Report - shooting from retention and off the hip

829 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  rjinga 
#1 ·
OK, it not really a range, it's my friend's acreage. However, it did allow me to practice shooting from retention and off the hip. The first photo is to show the distance I was shooting from. The close-ups are my quick double-taps in sequence from the hip.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
These are the triple-taps, off the hip, from retention.

Attachments

#3 ·
Now I'm shooting double-taps from the side. These three sets of two are drawing, elbow bent, and shooting to my right.

Attachments

#4 ·
And now I'm drawing, elbow bent, arm on stomach, shooting to my left.

Attachments

#8 ·
Matt, to me it looks like his is rushing a bit....

Reactions: RickyD
#10 ·
.... The first photo is to show the distance I was shooting from. The close-ups are my quick double-taps in sequence from the hip.
I tried to compare my green silhouette target with an internal organ target, and it looks like the X is a liver and stomach shot. My last set of double-taps, the high/low #8 shots looks like it might catch the heart with the high shot. Wouldn't a shot to the heart, or the lungs, physically stop the threat faster?

Or, is (at least part of) the idea to shoot for the middle of the big part of the body, where lots of soft organs, and very few hard bones, are located?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.