Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

This is a discussion on Front Sight Firearms Training Institute within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been researching the Front Sight Firearms Training Institute. It sounds fantastic... Does anyone have any experience/training from Front Sight. Does anyone know anything about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

Front Sight Firearms Training Institute

I've been researching the Front Sight Firearms Training Institute. It sounds fantastic... Does anyone have any experience/training from Front Sight. Does anyone know anything about Dr. Ignatius Piazza, Founder and Director?

They have an interesting show each week on the Versus Network called "the Front Sight Challenge".
    When a criminal busts down your door in the middle of the night, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a phone?

When a thug shoves a gun in your face in the mall parking lot, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a cellphone?

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    I haven't been there but I've heard good things. Plus, they used to offer a deep discount on your first course.

They have been having some serious legal issues of late. Don't know about the specifics but there are alot of upset customers and members. You may want to look into that before you spend any money with them.

Some of the NRA instructors I teach with go to Front Sight several times a year.

They rave about it.

However, I have no personal experience with Front Sight.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

VIP Member
    My wife & I both have been there.

Our experience was very good & we would go back if in Nevada again. We used their certificates that we were able to obtain & we both enjoyed it & learned a lot.

It was about 18 months ago.
    Quemadmodum gladius neminem occidit, occidentis telum est.-Seneca

"If you carry a gun, people will call you paranoid. If I have a gun, what do I have to be paranoid about?" -Clint Smith

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it." -Jeff Cooper

Legal issues?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisG View Post
    They have been having some serious legal issues of late. Don't know about the specifics but there are alot of upset customers and members. You may want to look into that before you spend any money with them.
    Do you know where I can the specifics or any info about legal issues? The only thing I have so far is basically company marketing propaganda...
    When a criminal busts down your door in the middle of the night, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a phone?

When a thug shoves a gun in your face in the mall parking lot, which would you rather have in your hand - a gun, or a cellphone?

Do a web search on "Front Sight Scientology"

Combat Carry is risking a lawsuit even TALKING about the subject. The place can't be mentioned by name at GlockTalk because of legal threats.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Elmore View Post
    Combat Carry is risking a lawsuit even TALKING about the subject. The place can't be mentioned by name at GlockTalk because of legal threats.
    What sort of happy horsepuckey is that? An organization that draws down characterizations because of its own actions can't hardly lay legal claim to persecution of the rights of others to discuss their actions in a public forum. (TheFiringLine forums have it right, I think.) Nor libel/slander.
    Last edited by ccw9mm; February 3rd, 2007 at 01:59 PM.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I think they count on the fact that most people have an ingrained fear of lawsuits. Even if they don't have a case, they know that defending against a lawsuit takes time and money that most of us simply don't wish to spend.

Personally, I'll never spend a dime at Front Sight.

Senior Moderator
    IIRC, there were a few people trashing Front Sight. They may or may not have been legitimate claims. But, and again, IIRC, Front Sight attorneys did contact GT and let them know they wouldn't tolerate the claims.

I doubt we'll ever know what really happened, and Front Sight may have gone through some 'growing pains' or it may just have been totally unfounded. Either way, FS seems to have a solid rep now.

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    They do have a slick sales department, signed up for their "free training reports" and I get Lots of mail from them now. All of it buy, buy, buy now!

Most I have heard is excellent training with somewhat over the top marketing.

There are some awesome deals you can get on ebay on coupons that allows you to get a 2-day or 4-day course for only around $100, which are legit.

Several of my NRA instructors have taken Front Sight training, and all speak very highly of it. One of the fellows went to 20 straight days of training there!

I went through a 4 day Defensive Handgun Course this past weekend. I would have to say the training is outstanding. There were LE and Military in my class. I will be going back to get much more training.

The marketing is a bit over-the-top, though. If you have any doubts about the training, then I would recommend trying it yourself. You won't regret it.

I have purchased two four day pistol classes for my father and myself. We are looking forward to it. Their marketing is strong but I do believe you get way more than you pay for. I will also tell you that (despite the scientology lawsuit) they have done more good for our 2A rights than about any other facility. They do not just offer training they support the same 2A ideas that we all support.
    Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not."

~ Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links