TV has become obsolete (Review)

This is a discussion on TV has become obsolete (Review) within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am sure most or rather some if not a few of you recall Bumper and I talking about our respective dry fire devices we ...

Thread: TV has become obsolete (Review)

TV has become obsolete (Review)

I am sure most or rather some if not a few of you recall Bumper and I talking about our respective dry fire devices we acquired at the SHOT Show. Well Mrs. FedEx (Who is a cutey) dropped off a package for moi today.

My BeamHit 190 PMTS system arrived. It is a system where you place a laser device inside the front of the bbl and sight it in and then let it rip. It tabulates 30 rd dry fire sessions. I did 5 of these sessions and damn if my posterior deltoids are not fried. I did a few quick presentations (from the waist, not in a holster) and I shot pretty well.

The following are pics I took this evening.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

2. Remove Ads

Man I have not felt the Christmas ruch in quite some time, well since X-mas. This is a pic of the case. It is wicked sturdy.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Pic of the pimp fridge, and oh yeah the BeamHit with a shameless plus for the website I frequent all too much, LOL. Gives you an idea of the size of the BeamHit 190 system. There is a optic device the monitors where the laser strikes the target and then registers it onto the Beamhit program on the computer.

Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Here is a pic of the monitor of my laptop with my having just completed a 30 shot dry fire string. Don't mind the wallpaper, it is motivation for my next pistol acquisition a la Nighthawk Custom.

The program measures time between shots and all sorts of other functions I have yet to figure out cause it is against my religion to read directions.

~A

Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Here is a close up of the screen shot. I shot from a distance at or about 15 yds (my living room spills into my kitchen) After about the 5th string of dry firing my shoulders were getting taxed :weightlif . This ain't easy. I am glad I went with this system as it also has a trace function that can let you monitor the amount of muzzle movement.

My wife took a shot at it and loved it as well. :AR15firin

On that note, we took out an MP5(FA) last night and I got some vid of her going fully auto. I need to brush up on my Adobe Premiere skills and than compress the vid and let you all take a peak.

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

DC Founder
    Of course, Mr FedEx (hairy and far from a "cutie") didn't drop off my Bullite again today. The BeamHit looks pretty cool and I saw somewhere that they have one model that has the laser contained completely within the barrel like the Bullite. If I remember correctly it was pretty pricey. Damn another computer gadget I may have to have. But a new 1911 comes first. :icon_mrgr
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Bumper, I asked Roger Ransom of Beamhit which laser emitting device he recommends and he said the one that affixes itself to the front of the bbl. I asked why. When he asked how many pistols we own and then explained the simpilcity of adjusting POI/POA, we opted for the external option. We have interchanged it between 3 pistols so far and the ability to adjust the POI/POA is so ungodly fast. I highly recommend if you have some discretionary funds laying aroudn and want to increase your trigger pull and accuract work, this is a must have item. I need to take a few pics of this affixed to our pistols. I am also ordering one for .223 to practice with my AR's

~A
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Totally cool! How much did it set you back, and where did you order from? I wish my bullite would show up.

Red face

Went to Beamhit website looking for info and pricing....no pricing shown, but I was blown away when I saw the L-3 Communications logo....crap, I work for L-3 and didn't know this was one of our divisions.....will have to check into "employee discounts"...cool system and I especially like being able to use something like that indoors on those (too frequent lately) rainy days!

Administrator

APachon

Thanks Much for the photos. Neat! That would be great to have at home.
    Maybe I missed this somehow but (for instance) when shooting with a 1911...Do you need to thumb cock the hammer for each shot? How does that work? What activates the beam?
    Last edited by QKShooter; February 26th, 2005 at 12:55 AM.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Yes QK you need to thumb cock the hammer after each round. Those with DA pistols can just keep pulling on the trigger if you would like.

Wife and I are looking at the 390 system now. That thing looks to be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter
    Thanks Much for the photos. Neat! That would be great to have at home.
    Maybe I missed this somehow but (for instance) when shooting with a 1911...Do you need to thumb cock the hammer for each shot? How does that work? What activates the beam?
    Fave Quotes

Edmund Burke

Henry Ward Beecher

Links