NVA Tactical?

NVA Tactical?

This is a discussion on NVA Tactical? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone know anything and/or heard anything about NVA Tactical? It looks like they just recently opened up in Stephens City, VA. I'm in Clarke Co ...

Thread: NVA Tactical?

NVA Tactical?

Anyone know anything and/or heard anything about NVA Tactical? It looks like they just recently opened up in Stephens City, VA. I'm in Clarke Co so it's actually within driving distance for me(quick run right down 81).
    http://www.nvtactical.com/

I took a gander at the course list...It looks like everything is 1 day courses. Feeling curious, I think I may have to take a course out there come spring.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I know of Tommy Thacker I think he used to work for HK and I think hes a Grand Master IPSC and IDPA shooter. I know hes a very good Tactical Shooter (never met him) seen his scores. Never seen him instruct.

Quote Originally Posted by packinnova View Post
    Anyone know anything and/or heard anything about NVA Tactical? It looks like they just recently opened up in Stephens City, VA. I'm in Clarke Co so it's actually within driving distance for me(quick run right down 81).
    http://www.nvtactical.com/

I took a gander at the course list...It looks like everything is 1 day courses. Feeling curious, I think I may have to take a course out there come spring.
    Last edited by Rob99VMI04; March 6th, 2007 at 02:21 PM.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    I talked to some guys who know Tommy Thacker and they said he shoots For HK and hes really good at what he does I would say go try em out and report back!!!!!

If your also looking for some guys to do private stuff who are really good at what they do talk to Sean Odonnell or Jack at Blue Ridge Aresenal.

Sean teaches just about everything tactical, and hes good. He was a 1 SGT in the 82nd was in gulf war I and II, hes extremely well spoken and one of the most personal people I have seen when he trains.

Jack well not much is known about jack but he can sure walk the walk when it comes to that sort of stuff. I have personally learned tons just from watching him instruct.

Both of these guys cater training towards individual needs.
    Last edited by Rob99VMI04; March 6th, 2007 at 02:33 PM.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

VIP Member
    I know several of the instructors personally. I have not trained with them, but have shot with them. All good shooters and safe. I'd say worth a shot for a local course if you are interested.
    Procrastinators are the leaders of tomorrow.

Thanks for the info all. Also...thanks for the info about BRA...I went there years ago to take their CCW course so I could get familiar with VA's laws back when I first got my permit. I haven't tkaen anything else there before though. I am going to be looking into some stuff there too as well...thanks
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Sponsored Links