Pat Godale, WV, this weekend, Handgun class

This is a discussion on Pat Godale, WV, this weekend, Handgun class within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The weekend of March 17 and 18, Anyone going? Just curious. The site here I took Handgun I last year, liked it so going back ...

Thread: Pat Godale, WV, this weekend, Handgun class

Distinguished Member Array 4my son's Avatar

Pat Godale, WV, this weekend, Handgun class

The weekend of March 17 and 18, Anyone going?

Just curious.

The site here

I took Handgun I last year, liked it so going back for Handgun II.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

2. Remove Ads

Pat is the real deal. I had two classes from him a couple of years ago.

A lot of good stuff in the classes: shooting from every position imaginable; shooting on the move; shooting at moving targets; shooting from a car; clearing a shooting house; injured shooter techniques, and more.

One gun magazine called Pat Goodale the gun world's best kept secret. His prices are low and instructional abilities high.

Classes started early and finished late. We were worn out and loving every minutes of it.

Check him out on the site above. A 4 or 5 hour drive from the DC area.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

WOW....need to check that out....I didn't realize he was that close.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Classes started early and finished late. We were worn out and loving every minutes of it.
    Your not kidding, I'm glad I split up the I and II class instead of doing them both on the same weekend. It's three hours for me, a little west of Richmond.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

4my son -

It's the 19th now.

How about a report on the class?

Inquiring minds want to know!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Sorry for the delay,

It was a blast, (no pun intended)

Do you guys shoot better when you get to a class or is it just me? I practice at least 3 times a month, at least 100 rounds a time. We shot around 500 rounds and a lot of physical activity also, but the accuracy was right on from begging to the end.

The class was great, I took Defensive Handgun II, I took (DH I) last June. It started out with a short classroom refresher, then on to the range. we started with increasing accuracy(surigical) up close, then added distance, then shooting on the move, and from disadvantageous positions, lying on the ground, and rolling every direction you could think of, and using a lot of muscles I forgot I had.

Later we went to shooting moving targets, this time we were stationary, and another inside then outside of a car shooting scenario. A lot of steel plate shooting, some fixed, some reactionary, all of it was a lot of fun, and really informative. it was a lot for a one day class, but like they said, they are giving us options, so if the situation comes up, we will have options to consider, and have tried them before.

We also spent some time on one handed clearance drills, and reloading, Ever tried pinching the slide between your knees, and then pushing the frame down to cycle the action, OUCH, but it works. I think I prefer to hook the rear sight on the heel of my boot then pushing down instead, that doesn't leave a bruise. The hardest was to hold the gun in your weak hand, and try to rack the slide, while pushing up on the slide lock in a clearance drill. Your fingers all want to wrap around the grip to be able to push the frame down, and then you can't get your triger finger up to push on the slide lock and hold it while letting off on the frame till it locks. I'll have to work on that one. Hopefully won't have to do that one, but I now know which method worked, after several other methods utterly failed.

looking forward to taking the Advanced class maybe next year, and the shotgun class too. I'll probably work in there sometime the handgun I class as a refresher of the basics, you can never practice to much the fundamentals.

Overall, a top notch class, and a super bunch of guys running the show.

I am signed up for handgun 1 middle of april here in Montana should be fun. I have heard lots of good reports about his classes!

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    I think I may sign up for the October 13 Def I... my birthday is the 24th, maybe I can finagle my way into not paying for it myself.

Links