NEW ONE ON ME ~ Anybody???

This is a discussion on NEW ONE ON ME ~ Anybody??? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Found this on the web. Chime In On It. A new way to grip the sub compact Glock "I was instructed earlier today a new ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW ONE ON ME ~ Anybody???

Administrator

NEW ONE ON ME ~ Anybody???

Found this on the web. Chime In On It.
    A new way to grip the sub compact Glock

"I was instructed earlier today a new way to grip and shoot the sub compact Glocks. I learned this from an Israeli intelligence agent and it's a method that is becoming more common in the Mo**ad.

I hope I can explain this well enough: Grip the gun with your strong hand and use your weak hand my placing the palm of the week hand under the mag. Both thumbs should point forward towards the muzzle. O.K. thatís as conventional as it gets.

Now with the strong firing hand place your trigger finger alongside the fame just under the slide but not coming in contact with it. Take your middle finger and that is now your trigger finger.

I have seen that while unorthodox it lends more stability in regards to the natural extension of the weapon. It may take some getting used to it, but it does seem to have some usefulness. I have to try it out a little more."

This may possibly be some some sort of innovative "point shooting QK pistol hold" but I've tried it and it sure does not work for me.
    How do you say an entire lifetime of Muscle Memory tossed out the old window.
    Last edited by QKShooter; March 6th, 2005 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Addition
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

2. Remove Ads

Sounds to werid and goofy to me ... would worry about getting the old trigger finger messed up .. ill fondle my mini glock tomm just to say i tried it

Administrator

Point Shooting

Well, I have been Point & Instinctive shooting for a long time.
    And so with this particular shooting hold you are supposed to be able to point with your trigger finger at the target you are engaging? I'm not buying it.
    That is not my form of instinctive shooting & not my definition of point shooting.
    Any tactical folks or shooting instructors here actually teach this hold?
    Is it valid?
    Just curious?

Assistant Administrator
    Don't buy it either! And - the hold is essentially cup and saucer too - not what I consider a very laterally stable hold.

Oh well - always something new!!
    Last edited by P95Carry; March 6th, 2005 at 11:17 PM. Reason: typo's ........ #@$*&$
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

DC Founder
    Glad I don't have to worry about learning a new way to hold my 1911s!
    Bumper
    Coimhťad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Thumbs down

When I was a kid, back before the wheel was invented, I used to do a lot of point shooting with my BB gun. I single-handedly saved my neighborhood from a gang of marauding Coke cans. :) I actually tried using a similar grip, with my right index finger straight and my middle finger on the trigger thinking I could just "point and shoot." It didn't work. I had much better results with a conventional grip.

As feeble-minded as I am, I don't think I'd want to try to learn a new grip unless I was going to use it on EVERY gun EVERY time. Personally, I think the G26/27 works just fine with a conventional grip.

SSKC

Now that i have had a chance to fondel mini glock and a lack for a night sleep ..

Well if your a righty sticking you finger out puts it pretty much in the way of the ejection port so brass can smack it .. i do have big hands and am a lefty so maybe my grip is to high here...

Now doing the same for the left hand grip puts you finger riding the slide stop another bad ideal if you as me .. P95carry is right its the old cup and saucer grip (thanks) couldnt rember what it was called...

Very very bad way to grip the gun might as well one hand it instead

JT
    I never had a problem gripping my sub compact Glock, and I have large hands. There is no room for the pinky on the grip so it naturally curls under the gun and grips from the bottom. Same thing with my S&W 642. Itís a bad idea to develop different grips for different handguns. If I couldnít grip a gun with only very minor modifications from my standard grip (the kind my hand automatically does), I would not use it.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Well I know there's a Ministry of Silly Walks. Perhaps there's also a Ministry of Silly Grips?

Might work with small hands, but with large hands your index finger is going to either rub the slide or get in the way of brass. I can't imagine this being comfortable or second hand nature when the SHTF.

Administrator

Ditto: JT

Itís a bad idea to develop different grips for different handguns.

And meanwhile I have decently large hands & with a G36 I can't even get my index/trigger finger to point forward using that hold.
    It ends up over the top of the slide.

JT
    How do you like your G36? My next purchase is going to be either a G30 or G36. Right now Iím leaning towards the G30.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Carried my g-36 for first time today i like it so far

Administrator

Thumbs up Glock 36

I love mine...it's a really slim, tight, light, package of .45 ~ Mine is very accurate.
    To be truthful ~ Some people hate it.
    I don't think that it's the best "All Day Shooting/Plinking Fun At the Range" gun. It's a true "tailored to carry" firearm.
    I carry mine more than I ever shoot it but I sure can hit with it!
    For me it's a natural pointer.
    Felt recoil feels a bit sharper than a Colt Light Weight Commander ~ I think mostly due to the shortened butt & less overall grip surface.
    The felt recoil does not bother me at all.
    This one has been function flawless since "Day 1" but, I only shoot factory ammo.
    For me...it's a keeper.

Lead Moderator
    I guess I can see the though behind the idea. Small grip, not lots of room for you hand. I wouldn't , seems I would wind up with my finger on the slide and either get it jammed or stop the slide from fully cycling.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links