FIst Fire Videos

This is a discussion on FIst Fire Videos within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; In my post: Point Shooting or Aiming I asked what methods were preferred Point shooting or Aimed Shooting. Never did I imagine that there were ...

Thread: FIst Fire Videos

Thumbs up FIst Fire Videos

In my post: Point Shooting or Aiming

I asked what methods were preferred Point shooting or Aimed Shooting. Never did I imagine that there were so many great concepts and instructors out there that would respond. THANKS EVERYONE!

I also posted the same question on 1911Forums site and got quite a few outlooks there as well. I would love to visit every instructional site that there is, lol but my wallet just wont let me do that. Last Friday I ordered the FIST FIRE videos and I'll be honest to you all, I am looking for a local place (virginia) and TSA is only an hour away, so they immediately were a good choice. I havent seen any other instructional videos yet, but I'll tell you... I was very pleased with what I received. 2 DVD's and DR's book.

I told TSA that if I liked what I saw then I would probably be signing up for one of their 2 day classes as long as the DVD’s were what I thought they were… well they were and I will! And of course you know what happened, I watched them on Saturday and Sunday I was at the range trying to see if I learned anything. And yes, I know, its not like sitting in a class and learning first hand but I’ll bet you a box of ammo that everyone does it! Lol

Well I had eye surgery last week and everything up close is still fuzzy so there is NO way that I can see the sights to use them if I tried, they just look like a blurry molten blob… Hopefully in a month or so they will be at least clear enough to use the sights if I needed them but Sunday was all point and shoot. And I was surprised to see success in the form of at least hitting a big blue silhouette @ 7 yrds. I had to think too much about the weak hand wrist lock, thumb position, elbow locked, elbow bent and indexing for it to be considered a effective trip, but it was definitely a worthwhile and eye opener at that. And if the big blue silhouette was a bad guy then he wouldnt be around anymore.

I'm sure that if there is anyone that can learn from just watching a DVD then they could from these, but I'm kindof a hands on kindof learner and need that immediate feedback to show me what I'm going right and wrong, so I will be signed up for a class soon. I don't want to start any arguements about who started the process or who's best at it. But if the classes are ANYTHING like the DVD's, then DR Middlebrook has it GOING ON! It's amazing and I hope I can learn it to the point that I can use it as one of my tools!

Good Shooting all........
    Last edited by P95Carry; March 19th, 2007 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Broken into para's to aid readability
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    Senior Chief Petty Officer, RETIRED, USN
    Certified NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Range Officer

2. Remove Ads

Link to the videos?

No link Bud. There are a few clips out there on the web, but the videos are only availalbe thru their site.
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    NRA Range Officer

Flippinstk, I have had a chance to chk out one of the Fistfire DVD's and found it very interesting. I have been lucky enough to take a few instructional classes(not Fistfire) and a friend referred this to me to see what I thought of it.

First off I am willing to try out anything if I think it will make me a better shooter. That said, I did find the weak hand wrist lock to be very effective if disconcerting at first. I now find myself shooting like that when ever I go to the range, he seems to have something there. The rest of the video was informative. Like I said, I have had the chance to take some instruction and some of the techniques mentioned on the DVD to be a little different than what I was taught, not way off base but just a little different. There is a lot of stuff on there that is good to know and informative and it is good to have at least an open mind when watching.

SY

Found the Link

Im going to try the book i think first

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/merchandise.html
    Last edited by Bud White; March 19th, 2007 at 09:39 PM.

Arkangel,

My point to all this in the first place. If it helps and you can use it, then why not?
    Alex G.
    S&W M&P .45
    Virginia Beach, Va.
    NRA Range Officer

Flippinstk,
    I have an advanced pistol class coming up in a few weeks, will let you know how the techniques work out on the drills :)

SY

Okay, figured I'll give it a look, just ordered the book.

The FIST-FIRE DVDs are excellent and more than a few people I respect have endorsed his courses.
    WE ARE EDUCATED IN PAIN

Chris Fry
    www.mdtstraining.com

Sponsor

Lightbulb Fist-Fire Video Clips

Here's a link to some free Fist-Fire video downloads...

http://www.tacticalshooting.com/foru...splay.php?f=44

Cheers,

D.R. Middlebrooks
    www.TacticalShooting.com

Links