Defensive Handgun Course - Lexington, Va. area - May 25 - 27

This is a discussion on Defensive Handgun Course - Lexington, Va. area - May 25 - 27 within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I will be conducting our 30 hour Intermediate Level Defensive Handgun course May 25th through the 27th at the Blue Ridge Shooter's Club near Lexington, ...

Thread: Defensive Handgun Course - Lexington, Va. area - May 25 - 27

I will be conducting our 30 hour Intermediate Level Defensive Handgun course May 25th through the 27th at the Blue Ridge Shooter's Club near Lexington, Va.

This course is designed for the person who already possess safe firearm handling skills, can apply the fundamentals of marksmanship, and is ready to learn how to use the handgun for self defense. In other words, this is NOT a basic marksmanship or "introduction to handguns" type of course.

Approximately 6 hours will be spent in the classroom covering the following topics: Survival Mindset, Conflict Avoidance, Color Codes of Awareness, The Affects of Survival Stress, Identifying and using Cover and Concealment, Force Continuum / Ladder / Wheel, Boyd's (OODA) Loop, Legalities of using Force, Ballistic Wounding, Affects of Low Light on the Eye, Equipment - Holsters, Mag Carriers, etc.

The remaining 24 hours will be spent on the range covering the following topics and skill building exercises: Review of the Firearm and Range Safety Guidelines, Review of the Fundamentals of Marksmanship, Basic Disarming and Retention Techniques, Drawing from a Concealment Holster, Reloading and Recovering, Trigger Reset and Control, Immediate Action Drills, Scanning, Verbal Commands, Safety Circle, Position Shooting (standing, kneeling-one and both knees, sitting, prone, rollover prone, supine), Tactical Movement, Searching, Flashlight Techniques, Shooting in Subdued Light, Blinding Drill, Pivots and Turns, Tactical Use of Cover and/or Concealment (all positions and approaching), Reactionary Gap / Tueller Drill (with sims), Decision Making, Incapacitation Drills, Shooting with one Hand, Transition to and Support Side Shooting, Shooting while Moving (advancing, retreating, laterally, diagonally), Contact Distance Shoot and Evade, Contact Distance Shoot and Evade while Protecting a Family Member, Engaging Multiple Threats, Moving Threats, Close Quarters Fighting Techniques, Unconventional Shooting Positions (chair drills, ground drills, shooting from a vehicle - range permitting), Charging Dog Drill, and more.

Participants should bring at least 1200 rounds of ammunition, a reliable handgun and a backup, at least 3 magazines for each handgun (5 or more for reduced capacity (7 - 9 round) mags), a hip or IWB holster, belt style magazine carriers, a folding chair, clothing suitable for range work, etc... (please see the course announcement for more details).

The cost for all three days is $325.

If you do not already have a concealed carry permit, this course is recognized by VA, NC, UT, and a number of other states that require proof of compentency.

Please see the course announcement or contact me for additional information and registration.

Class size will be limited.

Email: randy@dt-concepts.com or by phone at (540) 885-9952.
    Randy

WOW!

WOW!

This looks like a very well thought out course!

I have heard nothing but good things about Randy and his school. I have not taken training from Randy or his school but I would like to in the near future.

In order to be a good Instructor you must first be a good student!

Randy I would love to train with you!

Tom Perroni
    Perroni's Tactical Training Academy
    http://www.perronitactical.com
    tom@perronitactical.com
    (540) 786-3627

Thanks for the kind words sir! I look forward to meeting you.

Always a student - absolutely.

Randy

VIP Member
    NOVA...200 square miles surrounded by reality
    Randy
    hope this goes well I will try to be there if job dosn't hinder this.

For everybody else Randy is an outstanding Instructor he really knows his stuff. I would definity encourage anybody to go to this.
    “Are you a thermometer or a thermostat, do you reflect or become what is happening in the room or do you change the atmosphere, reset the temperature when you come into the room”?--Chuck Swindoll

Its not about guns...Its about Freedom!

Thanks Rob!

Hope to see you then.

Randy

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    Randy,

Let me say "excelent". I would love to attend, but it is not going to happen this time. I will keep an eye on the schedule.

Thanks
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

Thanks!

Where in KY are you located? We will travel for a small group of people.

I am in the process of putting the fall schedule together and there are several weekends available from mid August through mid September.

Randy

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    This is so tempting... and only an hour away! I do doubt that I can accomplish the necessary "fund raising" in time for a May course, though. Randy, would you allow a prospective student to come down and watch a little bit of range time, to get a feel for you and the course?

Certainly. Send me your phone number in email or PM.

Randy

Sponsored Links