Personal Defense TV still active?

This is a discussion on Personal Defense TV still active? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wednesday nights have been my "TV NIGHT" for a while now. The Outdoor channel sets aside a few hours for shooting and personal defense related ...

Thread: Personal Defense TV still active?

Personal Defense TV still active?

Wednesday nights have been my "TV NIGHT" for a while now. The Outdoor channel sets aside a few hours for shooting and personal defense related programming. My favorite 30 minutes is the last of the set "Personal Defense TV". In recent weeks it has been replaced by a hunting show. Does anyone know if the show has been discontinued, or is just on a break?

2. Remove Ads

JT
    I was wondering the same thing. I checked on their web site and it's not in their list of shows anymore.

Personal Defense TV was my favorite, followed by The Shooting Gallery.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

VIP Member
    OK, not nice to be peeking inside my house people!
    I just checked the guns and ammo website and I saw that they played 13 episodes which is par for a new show. We should call & write to make sure they get picked up for next season.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

You know, I was wondering the same thing the other night when I realized that the DVR had recorded all the other shows as usual but not Personal Defense TV.

I really hope it is brought back because it was by far the best of the set on Wednesday nights. It was a very well done show and I enjoyed watching it the most.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar

Post Funny you should mention it...

I emailed Primedia and Outdoor Channel about this a week or so ago... here's their reply.

Hello Joe,

Thank you for contacting the Outdoor Channel. We appreciate your comments. Personal Defense TV will return. The show was contracted for 13 episodes to air and now that they have all aired, the show is on hiatus as more great episodes are being produced. As the new episodes are being produced, we have placed a new show in its time slot. We hope you continue to enjoy the Wednesday lineup and stay tuned for Personal defense TV to return soon. If you would like a DVD copy of your favorite episodes email: personaldefensetv@primedia.com .

Thank you again for contacting The Outdoor Channel. If you have any future questions or comments, do not hesitate to contact us.

Best regards,

Jared Gustafson

Coordinating Producer
    The Outdoor Channel
    And...

The long awaited 2006 Personal Defense TV Season 1 is now available to purchase on DVD. There are two ways to order:

Go to...
    https://newstore.primediamags.com and on the left side of screen click on...
    DVDs on Hunting

-OR-

Call 800-260-6397 to order over the phone

Our new season will begin again the week of October 1, 2007 on The Outdoors Channel . Check our Web site that week for air dates and times. www.gunsandammomag.com/pdtv
    So, October 1 of this year we get new episodes. It's a damn shame they won't re-run them, as I don't want to pay $40 for something I could have DVR'd

Administrator
    I hope the get new sponsers, I was getting tired of them pushing the same garbage. It was like watching a commercial for Springfield.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Thanks for the great info on the show and Dvd. I will be picking it up because it will be a good watch to catch them all again, but also a valuable tool to show others.

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I hope the get new sponsers, I was getting tired of them pushing the same garbage. It was like watching a commercial for Springfield.
    better than glock!!

Administrator
    Then I would have been tired of hearing about Glocks watching that show. My point is, it had some good info and tips but it was nothing more than a commercial. I was expecting Billy Mays to come on and start yelling about some great new product.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I didn't mind the ads, someone has to pay the bills!

Also using the DVR, I got to be pretty good at forwarding through them to save a few minutes.

Thanks for the info, I will be looking for it next season for sure!

Links