Progressive Force

This is a discussion on Progressive Force within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed a wide variety of training experiences, both military and civilian. In my opinion NONE of us should ...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By The Tourist

Thread: Progressive Force

Progressive Force

I have been lucky enough to have enjoyed a wide variety of training experiences, both military and civilian. In my opinion NONE of us should ever stop learning.

If our skill development and our open mind to positive training ever stops we begin to immediately see our skills begin to degrade. That is why as we come across training opportunities, it's good to share them.

One of the very best 'No B.S., No Ego, All Practical Training' opportunities I've experienced in all my years is that offered by Progressive Force Concepts.
    My first experience with them a couple of years ago was in the context of what is best called 'Integrated Training', where there are 12 distrinct classes, all with a combination of training in firearms, folding knife, and open hand combatives encounters.

So many self-appointed trainers don't know what they're talking about, or they let their egos get in the way of their training quality. I recently took a carbine (AR15) Close Quarter Combat class from these guys, and believe me they are first rate. see: http://www.pfctraining.com

All the Very Best,
    Captain Mike

2. Remove Ads

DC Founder
    I really like the Las Vegas FOX5 News clip, I have had that one saved for awhile now....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Well, you guys know how I feel now...I couldn't live without a training session with those guys now and then! I had to get on their team.

I have the director coming to Connecticut soon to teach a class, and I can't wait!

Hey Bumper, I have to view that FOX news clip every once in a while too!
    Its to cool!

I need to get some funds together and take a pistol class or two with them.

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

APachon, You will not go wrong! They are in your back yard, and you will train at a state of the art facility.If I were lucky enough to live in that area, I would have gone to every class, every level in record time, instead of doing it once or twice a year.
    When PFC travels here to CT, I get very favorible reviews from the students, and most come back each year!

CAPTMIKE;

My experience with PFC and the cadre of instructors has been on par with yours. I have taken some pistol classes, close protection, CQB, carbine and some integrated classes with PFC over the past year or so. All I can say is that Steve and his instructors are top notch. I have never been as impressed with the professionalism and attention to their craft as I was with the programs and staff at PFC.

chameleon is right, they do have a state of the art training facility and all I can compare it to is DisneyLand for folks like us! Regardless of the their venue on the road for mobile training, the instruction is top notch.

I hope to meet you guys at a class or two!

Well, PFC just finished up another East Coast Combat Camp here in CT & NY.
    It was great!
    I can't say enough. I hope Racer chimes in here and adds his opinion on the class.

chameleon - It was a great time. I always look forward to PFC's ECCC when they come out east.

It was a great mid-year review for my training buddy and I, but we still took new information back with us. This was our 3rd ECCC with PFC and every year the material is new, but building on a common concept. Steve does a great job of sharing skills with new students and keeping the veterans of their program challenged and giving them the opportunity to put new tools in their tool bag.

Everytime I leave a PFC class, I am more confident in my skills and identify more of my own training weaknesses to fix and develop on my own time.

As always, I am looking forward to my next program with PFC.

Former Member Array The Tourist's Avatar
    'No B.S., No Ego, All Practical Training'
    Boy, that's refreshing.

Like most guys with a pulse, I like trucks, guns and knives. It's nice to know how to use the stuff. My problem has always been discussing the issues of living in reality with afficienados who arm themselves daily for mortal combat.

What these 'combat ready' folks refuse to grasp is that most times in American society, nothing happens. If there were that many shoot-outs and knife fights most sportsmen would be in prison.

Then comes the tirade of "Well, it might happen..." justifications for carrying pepper spray, six knives, three back-up guns, several flashlights, a GPS, a dozen coils of paracord and a hidden survival knife that looks like a credit card.

If you want to expose these Rambos, start a thread named, "When was your last fight?" The crowd then disappears.

The real issue of safety and security is more about knowing your whereabouts (situational awareness) and the hardware topic should include good doors, windows and locks.

As I've said before, I weary of any guy who starts his treatise with "I base my position on 30 years of combat training, ten hours per day in a dojo." It makes me want to ask, "Yeah, but have you ever kissed a girl--I mean one that doesn't inflate?"

If you're an adult, certainly, buy what you want. Spend your entire life in a dojo. Learn to read feudal Japanese, chasten yourself like a ronin from 16th century Edo. I live in Wisconsin. BTW, it's 2005.

But lots of younger guys watch. They do not have decades of experience or the ability to withstand peer pressure or the sneers of these 'experts.' They buy the videos, the tapes and the latest knives and walk out into the world.

We train them to fight mano a mano with Bowie knives, but we don't teach survival skills about living in an urban setting. If you want your friends and peers to be safe, teach something that actually exists in the world.

I mean, a world where zombies, the Jedi and "The Westside Story" are all movies and not lifestyle choices.
    n9wjv likes this.

Links