Photos of the FoF training in Knoxville last week

This is a discussion on Photos of the FoF training in Knoxville last week within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Here's a few pics of the FoF training that Friday before the last weekends rifle course. Thanks to JMusic for providing the camera shots. The ...

Sponsor

Here's a few pics of the FoF training that Friday before the last weekends rifle course.

Thanks to JMusic for providing the camera shots.

The first photo shows me antagonizing the student to "go for it, and draw on me",

the second is my jamming the students gun out of the way while I give him two to the chest as he had initiatated first and I move into him,

the third shows myself starting to move to the students strong side [ my weak side ] as he is bringing the gun to bear on me after initiating the action [ I've just cleared the holster ];

the fourth shows me drawing from the students initiation where he had me beat but tried to extend the gun up on me and I've slapped it out if his hand. It shows me still drawing from his initiating the action and his gun laying about one foot from my left foot on the ground]. Jim snapped the shot as he raised his hand and I've not looked up yet from where the gun had been positioned as I slapped it out of his hand;

and the last picture shows me also moving to the students strong side and his rounds going behind me as I shoot him from an FAS 3/4 hip position which is the culmination of the action from the third photo.

Notice in the third and last shot my left arm is tucked into my chest without consciously thinking about it while moving.

I got nailed several times in the action, some tactics worked better than others in avoiding taking rds. All the students were allowed to initiate the action first [ starting to draw on me ] and I had to react to their actions. Every drill started at the distance shown in the first photo. Notice how the distance immediately increases from there in the third and last photos with the exception of the times I moved into them to foul their initiatiating their drawstroke which proved very effective at the distances we started these at.

Brownie
    Attached Images
    Last edited by AzQkr; June 5th, 2007 at 04:23 PM.
    The mind is the limiting factor

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Sponsor
    Here's some shots of my demonstrating the lateral running and hitting the threat at 12-14 feet.

Notice the threat has multiple rds in him while flat out running lateraly both to my strong and weak side at that distance. The first picture shows classic Quick Kill being used with the gun at nose level and threat focused, my off arm extended to counterbalance and smooth out the firing arms vertical movement. The last shot I've finished firing and starting to put the brakes on to stop my momentum.

The second shot shows I'm starting to redirect my movement back to the strong side after running by the threat to my off side.

Yes, I'm wearing the Springfield Armory XD T shirt that day and using my first generation G17

Brownie
    Attached Images
    Last edited by AzQkr; June 5th, 2007 at 04:56 PM.

Sponsor
    I should mention that with Fof role playing, I had to keep the students safety in mind at all times and change the tactics used to win when moving into them to foul their drawstrokes.

In the real world of surviving this type of encounter at the distances we initiated the action, they'd be finding me rushing in and turning them [ getting behind them ] and getting broken necks and an eye likely gouged out from behind at the same time PDQ.

Redirecting their thought process [ getting them to start reacting to me ] through pain compliance works well in the real world, but you need good H2H skills as Tangle mentioned in his review when we trained in them one day.

Brownie
    Last edited by AzQkr; June 5th, 2007 at 04:26 PM.

Sponsor
    I'm not sure what happened to the attached photos in this thread, they are blurry and were not like that when posted.

They appear normally when you click on them to enlarge them however.

Brownie

Administrator

Question

That's the first time I've seen that happen with attached photo thumbnails but, they are nice and crisp and perfectly clear when viewed full size. Nice pics.

Thanks for posting the photos.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Same problem seems to be affecting thumbnails in other threads. I'm guessing it's a problem on the server.

Assistant Administrator
    Could be a remaining gremlin in the gallery siftware - that has given Bumper so many headaches recently.

As long as full size show properly it shoudn't be a major biggie I hope.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Sponsor
    Thanks for the comments and FYI on the known issues..

I was surprised to see the thumbnails like that as they were fine initially. We live with what we get, no problem on my end, just surprised me they went that way after being put up okay initially.

Brownie

Administrator
    Bumper has been doing some repair work in the forum gallery (which was all goofed up) so possibly they were affected by that.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links