Close Quarters Battle for the Concealed Handgun Permit Holder

This is a discussion on Close Quarters Battle for the Concealed Handgun Permit Holder within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Blackeagle & A1C Lickey- Semperfi.45 gave an excellent summary of the OODA loop and it's applicability to gunfighting however the article was written by Ken ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Close Quarters Battle for the Concealed Handgun Permit Holder

Blackeagle & A1C Lickey-

Semperfi.45 gave an excellent summary of the OODA loop and it's applicability to gunfighting however the article was written by Ken Good from Strategos Intl. who is a good freind, great instructor and former navy seal. http://strategosintl.com/

My lead low light instructor at Perroni's Tactical Training Academy is Frank Borelli who is also an adjunct Instructor at Strategost for Ken Good. http://strategosintl.com/staff_adjunct.html

Frank can give you som indepth information on the subject or you can check out some of Franks articles at: http://www.borelliconsulting.com/reading.htm

Tom Perroni
    http://www.perronitactical.com

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A1C Lickey View Post
    What exactly had changed?
    And I don't mean to seem stupid, but what is OODA? I know I've heard that term in training, but for the life of me, I just can't remember what it means exactly?
    Much of the training of the recent past came from a "proactive" position. Since it was proactive there was the common misconception that you would be in a dominant position inside of the gunfight.

Techniques and tactics such as "Stand and deliver," "Always get to your sights," Controlled pairs and assess," "Perfect Stances" "Two handed grips" "Target shooting out to 25 yards," were the order of the day.

As soon as you take these techniques and tactics into Force on Force and work them within the realities of a "most likely" gunfights the fallacy of this type of training becomes very apparent.

"Reactive" is where you are most likely going to be working from. And the training of today reflects that.....as does this thread.

"Reactive" is where you are most likely going to be working from. And the training of today reflects that.....as does this thread.[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%

Tom Perroni

Senior Member Array Sweatnbullets's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DCJS Instructor View Post
    "Reactive" is where you are most likely going to be working from. And the training of today reflects that.....as does this thread.
    I agree 100%

Tom Perroni
    Coopers Modern Techniques did a fine job of preparing us for the proactive gunfight. The focus on the reactive gunfight has been picked up lately as a continuation of Coopers training. That is complimentary!

Guys like 7677 helped pave the way for this stuff. I am just glad that I listened and followed along so many years ago.

It is a facinating study and good to see so many good men working on it. The advancement of the art has not seen a time period like this in a very long time!

Great time to be a student!

Quote Originally Posted by JD View Post
    I'm a little confused on this.

Did I miss understand your posts, or are you advocating that muzzle down is the safest direction?
    I think so...

I'll highlight the important words from the quotes you used to make the point more clear.

Pointing the handgun at the ground is the "safest" direction available for just about any situation you will be in on the street.

Obviously, one must ever be conscious of their muzzle direction. There's not a single technique available that you cannot find a 'what if' to make it fail.

Randy

Quote Originally Posted by Sweatnbullets View Post
    I do not believe that "chi" had anything to do with these facts and results.
    Seriously... as "well written" as you are, you expect us all to believe you did not understand the example and comparison being made? Come on... save that stuff for another board.

Randy

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links