My Front Sight Experience - Page 2

My Front Sight Experience

This is a discussion on My Front Sight Experience within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by TexasDuck "Again, train where you want. My only purpose to point out another side of Front Sight shared by many." I attended ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Front Sight Experience

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasDuck View Post
    "Again, train where you want. My only purpose to point out another side of Front Sight shared by many."
    I attended over Memorial weekend. My firtst time at any type of weapon training and my first time with a handgun. The so called, "other side of FrontSight" was never evident and does not affect the training experience in any way. From what I've read since then, it appears to be a small part of a very successful business plan that failed. It involved property sales and development, not training. Since then a settlement has been reached.
    I had a great time and met some very fine instructors. Safety was always taught and displayed. I learned so much.
    With the thousands of people who go through their classes, they're bound to offend someone once in a while. I'd go again in a heartbeat!
    And I get the impression from several sources that the above pretty much is how it is now. There may have been some bumps along the way, but it seems to be cleared up and the training is good.

I look forward to going to Front Sight myself.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Quote Originally Posted by TexasDuck View Post
    "Again, train where you want. My only purpose to point out another side of Front Sight shared by many."
    I attended over Memorial weekend. My firtst time at any type of weapon training and my first time with a handgun. The so called, "other side of FrontSight" was never evident and does not affect the training experience in any way. From what I've read since then, it appears to be a small part of a very successful business plan that failed. It involved property sales and development, not training. Since then a settlement has been reached.
    I had a great time and met some very fine instructors. Safety was always taught and displayed. I learned so much.
    With the thousands of people who go through their classes, they're bound to offend someone once in a while. I'd go again in a heartbeat!
    I was there that weekend as well in the 4 Day Defensive Handgun Course. Which one were you in?
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

Luke,

TexasDuck is my Dad. We were in your class with Craig Bishop.

I really can't imagine a better instructor with a cooler personality.

We'll have to hook up some time out here for lunch, or better yet some shooting!

-Bob

I will be attending this Sept. for there 4 day class. I can't wait. So far everything I have heard is pretty good.

Great report, thanks for sharing.

While you were there, did you guys hear anything about the 5 Day Armed Citizen Corps course and/or the 4 Day Childrens and Youth Achievement Camp? Heres the links to what I'm talking about:

http://www.frontsight.com/courses/ar...zens-corps.asp

http://www.frontsight.com/courses/ch...training-2.asp

Quote Originally Posted by bobernet View Post
    Luke,

TexasDuck is my Dad. We were in your class with Craig Bishop.

I really can't imagine a better instructor with a cooler personality.

We'll have to hook up some time out here for lunch, or better yet some shooting!

-Bob
    Definitely. I'm planning on joining Desert Sportsman by Red Rock. They seem to have a nice outdoor range over there. Send me an email via this board with your contact info and we'll hook up sometime. I'm a little busy the next few weeks but we can work something out.

cagueits, I personally don't have any more information on those courses but you can email info@frontsight.com and you should get a reply back pretty quick with whatever information you are looking for. The Armed Citizen course looks pretty good, I'm interested in taking that as well.
    USA Carry - Concealed Carry Information, Reciprocity Maps, News & Articles, Forums, Directory and more!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links