I would highly recommend Perroni's Tactical Training for VA folks!

This is a discussion on I would highly recommend Perroni's Tactical Training for VA folks! within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Perroni's Tactical Training is AWESOME. I took my concealed handgun class with Tom and it was incredible. Some of you may not know my story ...

Thread: I would highly recommend Perroni's Tactical Training for VA folks!

I would highly recommend Perroni's Tactical Training for VA folks!

Perroni's Tactical Training is AWESOME. I took my concealed handgun class with Tom and it was incredible. Some of you may not know my story but I will fill you in with the cliffs notes version of the story.

I found a class taught nearby and I signed up for it. Long story short--the guy didn't teach me anything and I found out later that he isn't really an NRA certified instructor--though he was tauting himself as one. (Yes the NRA now knows and from what I understand they are handling the situation.)

Anyway, Tom offered to help me out and told me to come out to his course. It was awesome. Tom's course is worth every penny he charges(which isn't nearly as much as some of these guys up in nova). His ability to teach is only surpassed by the knowledge he possesses. The course teaches (I took this from the website):

• Firearms safety
    • Nomenclature
    • Loading and Unloading (Practical Exercise in Safe Gun Handling)
    • Stopping Power (Anatomical Theory of Stopping Power)
    • Virginia Concealed Handgun & Firearms Law
    • Golden Rules of Deadly Force in Self Defense (Ability, Opportunity,
    Jeopardy and Preclusion.)
    • Shooting Fundamentals (Time Permitting)
    • Beyond the Classroom (By Tom Perroni)
    • Question and Answer Period
    As I said before he is incredibly knowledgeable and encourages students to ask questions. He is a great guy with an awesome personality. I highly recommend this course to anyone in the Northern Virginia area that is looking for a CHP competency course.

I liked his class so much that I signed up for his Basic Pistol class on the 23rd. I will post a review of that when I am done, but if its anything like his other courses I am sure I won't be disappointed.

(Mods: I don't know if this is the purpose of this sub-forum, but I figured this would be the best place to offer a review of a training course.)

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SixBravo's Avatar
    Consider posting a blog of what you see and experience. Give us your opinions of what you thought about it and what others might look for with it. Costs, ammo requirements, etc are also helpful.

I wrote one (in my sig) and I know Blackeagle also wrote an excellent one!!
    The Gunsite Blog
    ITFT / Quick Kill Review
    "It is enough to note, as we have observed, that the American people have considered the handgun to be the quintessential self-defense weapon." - Justice Scalia, SCOTUS - DC v Heller - 26 JUN 2008

Links