Attended Low Light Firearms Training Class

This is a discussion on Attended Low Light Firearms Training Class within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great Experience. I recommend everyone interested in fighting for what is rightfully theirs, attend such a course. Topics addressed were one hand shooting with a ...

Thread: Attended Low Light Firearms Training Class

Great Experience. I recommend everyone interested in fighting for what is rightfully theirs, attend such a course.

Topics addressed were one hand shooting with a flashlight. Positions utilizing a flashlight while: moving, searching, clearing, shooting, etc.

I learned quickly, upon a brief moment of reflection that cheap flashlights are exactly that; deadly.

I can now say, "Yes, I bought a wal-mart flash light (Brinkman) that halfway cut it, but I will not depend on it for my life from here on out." "I promise, I will buy a light that gives out more lumens than I have grains (Surefire)."

I thoroughly enjoyed and walked away with a great experience. I have found areas that I need to work on/improve, all the better for me.

www.redbrush.org >Training Link >Hard Target. Scott Hurt and Guy Minnis have trained with Ken Good, when he was at Surefire.
    Last edited by jmsstnr; July 2nd, 2007 at 11:26 PM. Reason: add html

Low light

Sorry to say, many have not tried low light and feel that their ability to index their handgun will carry the day. Low light shooting/training will enlighten one in several aspects, one of which is "it ain't as easy as it appears", especially achieving good hits in a timely manner. Recommend that any one serious about survival, at least try it, you owe family and self the effort.

Your gun provides a pretty fair amount of light each time it is fired. In a defensive situation, rapid fire gives you an adequately illuminated target that looks a lot like a very old movie: black and white and with jerky motion.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Sponsored Links