Attended Low Light Firearms Training Class

This is a discussion on Attended Low Light Firearms Training Class within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great Experience. I recommend everyone interested in fighting for what is rightfully theirs, attend such a course. Topics addressed were one hand shooting with a ...

Thread: Attended Low Light Firearms Training Class

Attended Low Light Firearms Training Class

Great Experience. I recommend everyone interested in fighting for what is rightfully theirs, attend such a course.

Topics addressed were one hand shooting with a flashlight. Positions utilizing a flashlight while: moving, searching, clearing, shooting, etc.

I learned quickly, upon a brief moment of reflection that cheap flashlights are exactly that; deadly.

I can now say, "Yes, I bought a wal-mart flash light (Brinkman) that halfway cut it, but I will not depend on it for my life from here on out." "I promise, I will buy a light that gives out more lumens than I have grains (Surefire)."

I thoroughly enjoyed and walked away with a great experience. I have found areas that I need to work on/improve, all the better for me.

www.redbrush.org >Training Link >Hard Target. Scott Hurt and Guy Minnis have trained with Ken Good, when he was at Surefire.
    Last edited by jmsstnr; July 2nd, 2007 at 10:26 PM. Reason: add html

2. Remove Ads

Low light

Sorry to say, many have not tried low light and feel that their ability to index their handgun will carry the day. Low light shooting/training will enlighten one in several aspects, one of which is "it ain't as easy as it appears", especially achieving good hits in a timely manner. Recommend that any one serious about survival, at least try it, you owe family and self the effort.

Your gun provides a pretty fair amount of light each time it is fired. In a defensive situation, rapid fire gives you an adequately illuminated target that looks a lot like a very old movie: black and white and with jerky motion.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Links