Defensive Carry banner

Integrated Threat Focused Training coming to Flagstaff, AZ

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  AzQkr 
#1 ·
The weekend of September 8 and 9, Integrated Threat Focused Training Systems will be in Flagstaff, Az for more training in threat focused skills. We'll be covering working from distances of 4-21 feet with various and numerous drills/skills, all without ever looking directly at the gun or sights in anyway.

Skills sets to be covered will include retention shooting up real close, firing from the hip with several different skills at various distances, shooting from below line of sight [ at the eye and mouth level ] utilizing Quick Kill with a pistol or revolver © TM skills, and then on to moving while shooting using the skills developed.

There will also be a chance to put these skills to use in our FoF segment on Sunday using airsoft pistols.

For recent comments on this training from members here, click the links here:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29625

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=29074

For further reviews of the course materials, you might want to check out this section on Threat Focused Forums [ TFF ] here:

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19

Looking forward to getting together again with the people who attended a few weeks ago as well as meeting and training with other members of this forum.

If you have any questions, just pm me here or shoot me an email at arizonaqkr@yahoo.com

The cost will be the same price as before [ $300.00 for the weekend ] and reflects the $100.00 discount to the members of this forum from ITFTS normal fees.

I'll be taking deposits to reserve a slot for this event. Class size limited to 10 people so that we can cover the materials listed and no one gets left behind before we move onto another skills set.

Brownie

See less See more
#2 ·
The following is another review of the last Flagstaff course.

After 20 years of firearms training through the U.S military Army, the USMC and civilian law enforcement I finaly learned something that can be deployed as a life saving measure using a sidearm in the blink of an eye.

Ive been going to AJI a sporting goods/gun store in Apache Junction, AZ. for several years now. Several months ago I met a guy who works there part time, for the fun of it and so he can get guns at a discount price. He goes by the name of Brownie or the AZ Quick Kill Master. (Just kidding everybody calls him Brownie.) After several times of talking with Brownie, I not only decided he was a cocky SOB, but that he was also very well versed in several areas. Firearm recognition, trouble shooting, overall firearm and Training with a Capital T. It didnt hurt that he too was another Jarhead.

I decided to take a class from Brownie on quick kill technique. We did this class In Flagstaff, AZ. July 2007. I can say it was the best training without a doubt that I have ever taken. He not only showed us these tecniques in an outdoor area where we could spread out, but he also has the motto of (NO ONE LEFT BEHIND); for two days we learned techniques, that when using our handguns from a holstered position was easy to grasp, easily repeatable, and he has easy names for evry one of these, techniques so as he he is teaching it they are easy to remember when he calls out a command to deploy and tells you what to do. (These names are such as the BUMP, Elbow up Elbow Down and the Quick Kill.) Best of all, these techniques require no sight aquisition on the gun at all. This is what makes them so fast and a lifesaver.

These skills also included running in multiple directions while shooting in multiple directions from strong side and weak, speed shooting for crowd control/coverage, shooting a target behind you without tuirning around, multiple target aquisition with speed and many others. Again I say all without using a sight on the gun and that was just the 1st day. The 2nd day we did force on force learning techniques of disarming the (person/scumbag/threat) and applying the techniques from the day before so we could get use to getting the upperhand by firing the 1st shots. Yes I said shots! Meaning it is so fast you can get multiples downrange accuratly before your opponent can even draw.

In closing I would like to say this is better then any modern technique I have ever learned such as front sight only shooting or any other point of aim technique.

Brownie thank you so much for this training. I am confident this training if i have a need to deploy it will someday save my life or that of someone with me and in this day and age that is a real possibility.

Thanks,
Mike Gilliam
USARMY/USMCMP

P.S REX if you read this wait till you try the rifle techniques that I have learned from Brownie since the class. There amazing.

We are about one month from the next Flagstaff class, if you are interested in training, connect with me here through pm or email me at arizonaqkr@yahoo.com

Brownie

#3 ·
Here's Mikes follow on post he posted here:

http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1297 Post #4 about the rifle skills he spoke of.

Brownie in answer to your question and for the other mebers if you have not yet been instructed in the QK rifle skills it is a must.

In a matter of minuites using no front or rear sight on a long gun you can be hitting objects with ease to include moving targets. The day I was 1st introuduced to this skill it was very windy outside and and with this skill I was hitting targets in the air, nickle and quater size. This skill was also practiced shooting very small targets on the ground. All it took was getting the correct instruction from Brownie in maintaining the same cheek weld on the gun every time and getting my point of reference down for ground targets and targets in the air. The biggest thing this skill will do for me is make me better on the offence in the case of a defence situation. (Another one of those lifesaver techniques.) However for those of you that hunt big game and are also avid wing shooters like myself this will improve your hunting as well. (Just think of those times when you have pushed a deer out or flushed a bird out when you were not prepared.) This can improve your chance of a kill because you can shoot with out sight aquisition, providing your surroundings allow for the shot. All of this while using the natural ability you allready have. Another bonus is this skill can be practiced and made very repeatable with a BB gun think of the savings on ammo while practicing in your backyard.

Thanks again Brownie for the friendship and the skills.
Next maby we can start with the hand to hand and edged weapons.

I may bring the bbguns and this class could include the rifle skills as well if people are interested.

Brownie

#5 ·
Only two weeks away!

We are rapidly approaching the weekend of the Threat Focused training in Flagstaff AZ. There are a couple spots remaining for anyone that is interested.

I cannot say enough in regards to the usefulness of this kind of training, I practice most every weekend, and these skills that I learned in the class in June have become second nature. I am much more confident in my abilities, and hit what I shoot at every time.
You will be suprised at what you can do with a handgun. :smile:If you carry a gun for self defence, this training is a must.

#6 ·
For those coming to Flagstaff this weekend, here's the jump off meeting point and times Sat. morning. We'll caravan in as Rex will be securing/reserving the sweet spot at the range area we'll be using that day.

Rte 17N, exit I40 to Butler exit which is a Lil America Truck Stop. We'll be organizing at the gas station right off the ext. My cell is on if you have problems with finding us that morning.

We'll plan to be at the gas station at the Butler exit between 8-8:15 and leave for the range no later than 8:30am.

If you have any questions, pm me here this week or email me at arizonaqkr "at" yahoo dot com. Bring sweatshirts etc for the FoF Sunday. I have the masks, airsofts, and accessories necessary, but if you have your own gear, bring it.

See you this Sat.

Brownie

#7 · (Edited)
Brownie, you forgot the "protection" for the F on F part!!!:rofl:
Should I bring my .22 rifle for QK?

#8 ·
I don't think we'll get to the rifle this time around. If you have it with you, I might show you some tricks during a lunch break before we get back to the class:bier:

Oh ya, you're right, bring the cups if you think you want or need them for Sundays FoF. :bier:

Myself and the same deputy sheriff who attended the last time will be there Friday night instead of driving in sat morning.

Brownie

#9 ·
Little America Hotel-Flagstaff: 928-779-7979
2515 E Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, US

1: I-17 N.
2: Merge onto I-40 E / PURPLE HEART TRL via EXIT 340A toward WINSLOW / ALBUQUERQUE. 2.6 miles

3: Take the BUTLER AVE exit- EXIT 198- toward FLAGSTAFF. 0.3 miles

4: Turn RIGHT onto E BUTLER AVE. 0.1 miles

5: End at Little America Hotel-Flagstaff:
2515 E Butler Ave, Flagstaff, AZ 86004, US

In case you miss us at the Little America:

1: Get back on I-40 East bound
2: Go 4 exits, to Winona Exit #194 (I think)
3: I will have Threat Focused signs posted at the top of the ramp:smile:

#12 ·
Probably not till spring now Bill,
Will keep you informed as we set dates at that time.

For a review of this last course from an 82nd Army Ranger, this might peak some interest. The guy was one squared away shooter before the course.
http://www.threatfocused.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1411
Brownie

#13 ·
Probably not till spring now Bill,
Will keep you informed as we set dates at that time.

Brownie
Sounds good. I'll be looking forward to it!
Are there any in the Valley before that?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.