Training in suburban St. Louis, MO?

This is a discussion on Training in suburban St. Louis, MO? within the Defensive Carry & Tactical Training forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Does anyone out there know about what kind of defensive pistol training (tactics, mindset, all of it) is available in / around suburban St. Louis, ...

Thread: Training in suburban St. Louis, MO?

Does anyone out there know about what kind of defensive pistol training (tactics, mindset, all of it) is available in / around suburban St. Louis, MO? It appears that the vast majority of quality training is concentrated around AZ, NM, FL, and VA. Thoughts or ideas? Thanks.

Clint

Clint,

I know of nothing in and around St. Louis County other than going down town to the hood and getting it hands on!

But I do know of an exceptional training facility out in Jackson Missouri called Point Blank. Visit the website @ www.pointblanktraining.net

I train here a lot and highly recommend it.

The drive is nothing for the training you get. I drive 2.5 hrs one way to train at PB.

Ti
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Ti Carry View Post
    Clint,

I know of nothing in and around St. Louis County other than going down town to the hood and getting it hands on!

But I do know of an exceptional training facility out in Jackson Missouri called Point Blank. Visit the website @ www.pointblanktraining.net

I train here a lot and highly recommend it.

The drive is nothing for the training you get. I drive 2.5 hrs one way to train at PB.

Ti
    Brother, don't I know it - North County and downtown are no joke. Don't even get me started on East St. Louis. That's EXACTLY why I'm always carrying.

Thanks for the tip on Point Blank! I'll check it out.

cw

Hmmm... John Ross lives in your part of the country, he does CCW classes, perhaps not what you're looking for, but enjoyable none the less :)

Bellevile offers some training, just across the river... I'm sure Top Gun offers some classes, but I don't know how advanced they are.

You might check missouricarry.com for some more 'local' information.
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

Hey I am all for getting a group together for practice. Get a group that has diverse experiance and everyone can learn. I am on the Illinois side of the river.
    NRA Rifle Coach
    NRA Pistol Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection In the Home Instructor

--- Some of the friendliest people I have ever talked to are gun owners and shooters and according to the gun activists we are the mass murders and felons of the nation???

Ditto rabywk's sentiments.
    -----------
    got APBT?

Take a look at TDSA out at Benchrest. www.fastshooting.com They offer several great classes. I've just asked them to add a defense class to there list.

Will

Clint,

While these two places are not in St. Louis, there are two places I HIGHLY recommend in Missouri!

The Chapman Academy just outside Columbia and APT Academy just outside Springfield, MO.

Our swat team trains with B.J. Johnson at APT Academy which provides awesome training of all types and our swat medics attended his Special Operations Medics course. Check out their websites.

I can not say enough about B.J and his staff at APT Academy and the list of courses include all levels of the "usual" defensive & tactical pistol, shotgun, submachine gun, utility rifle, precision rifle, as well as specialty classes such as Land Navigation, Guerrilla Driving Course, High Risk Defensive Driving, Fighting from a Disabled Vehicle, Executive Protection, Personal Security, Rappelling, Rope Rescue as well as a variety of Children and Junior Shooter Courses as well as special LEO only classes. B.J. even has onsite lodging to house up to 12 students for those who enroll early enough to stay on site and don't feel like driving from a local motel in the area.

http://www.aptacademy.com/

Ray Chapman's Acadamy is world famous and used to be host to the Bianchi Cup for decades. It may still be held there.

http://chapmanacademy.com/about.shtm...om/staff.shtml
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Sponsored Links